Railroad Forums 

• NS HO-7 through Rutherford

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#325450  by blockline4180

OCtrainguy wrote:On Friday, while travelling south on the NY Thruway, I saw a train headed north (railroad east) at about 3:55 p.m. through Arden, NY. While I didn't see the numbers from my passenger seat, the engine types were NS D9-40CW, BNSF D9-44CW & NS D9-40CW. Was this the HO7?
Most likely yes! There is one local that uses 6 axle power generally off the 32A and 21M...Bano said it!

#326347  by Bano

Believe it or not the H07 is the only Local allowed to use 6 axels on NJT. Only other time you can use 6 axels on NJT ML/BC/ST Lines is when you serve an interchange like Greenwood lakes railroad, and NYS&W.

#326495  by Phase Gap

Not true the Greenwood Lake RR is not consider and interchange on NJT...The only interchange on the ML is NYS&W at BT.....As of right know...

#326761  by Bano

Well you can tell that to Freddy from NS. If you are a train dispatcher you must know freddy. Also I made this move plenty of times with a Dash 8 to bring cars to the greenwood lake interchage, also when I call up the NJT dispatcher to give him the information he says its allowed besause Greenwood Lakes is a interchange.

#331055  by SecaucusJunction

Bano or anyone: Do you know the schedule for the H07 this weekend? I just moved in walking distance of the tracks. I know it ran last Saturday morning but I'm guessing it will only run on Sunday this week?

#331059  by Bano

SecaucusJunction

Sunday through Thursday 530pm the crew is on duty. Figure 730pm on is when the H07 leaves the yard. They used to start on 1pm on sundays but they changed the crew that runs that train.

#331982  by bigkidtrainz31

i'm on the lookout for it tonight...
peace ya'll

#332086  by bigkidtrainz31

9:15 pm
should be a ns lead,
bnsf second, maybe blue conrail 3rd....
didn't get a car count...
walked to tracks, no sign yet...
i might just call it a night.....early day at work tomorrow....
let me know if anyone catches it......peace...

#332161  by Phase Gap

Conductor got sick(wink wink) They went home did not run....Got as far as HX draw and back in the clear.......

#332182  by wolfboy8171981

The NYGL "siding" is still listed as The Dundee Spur. The 6 axle restriction for NJT is the following " All 6 axle engines are prohibited from operating in industrial sidings"

So while to NJT it isnt the NY&GL Interchange, it also isnt an industrial siding, so regardless its legal. Also be carefull the ES40DC's arent listed in the Timetable, so techenically you cant operate them on NJT.

#332292  by SecaucusJunction

Does this mean that the train will be twice as long tonight?

#332408  by Steve F45

SecaucusJunction wrote:Does this mean that the train will be twice as long tonight?
NIce i'll be sitting down in saddle brook waiting for the nysw su-99 to move out and hopefully catch this going north on the bcline.

When the tracks become 3 again towards ridgewood, what track do they usually run the freights on?

#332547  by General

Phase Gap wrote:Conductor got sick(wink wink) They went home did not run....Got as far as HX draw and back in the clear.......
Was Teacup or teabag or what ever his name is the engineer? If so then that would explain why the conductor got sick. That bro smells worse than the K277 on a hot summer day. I remember when I was working for the NS and no one wanted to work with him back then either.

#332624  by bigkidtrainz31

yeah that's usually the case....
unless it went up during the day today....

dub....
remember a few sat.s back, when i told u it was about 60-70 cars ?

secaucus, do you catch it as it leaves crox ?

peace,
bkt31

#332625  by bigkidtrainz31

yeah that's usually the case....
unless it went up during the day today....

dub....
remember a few sat.s back, when i told u it was about 60-70 cars ?

secaucus, do you catch it as it leaves crox ?

peace,
bkt31