Railroad Forums 

• No Service to Cape May this Year

• Discussion relating to the PRSL
Discussion relating to the PRSL

Moderator: JJMDiMunno

#324648  by prr60

The CMSL will not operate the promised Santa Express service to Cape May. The only Santa trains will operate on Saturday from Tuckahoe to Richland. Continued issues with the Canal Bridge are blamed.

From the CMSL web page:
Due to additional rehabilitation work required on the Cape May Canal Movable Bridge, The Santa Express will not be operating into Cape May City this year.

#324713  by glennk419

Sooooooooooooooooo..................

When do we start prosecuting and fining the culprits who keep running into the bridge?????

Where is the USCG and NJT????????

While I know we're not exactly comparing apples to apples, but if this happened in Pt. Pleasant, it would not be tolerated. Destruction of NJT property is destruction of NJT property.

#325012  by lv414

glennk419 wrote:Sooooooooooooooooo..................

When do we start prosecuting and fining the culprits who keep running into the bridge?????

Where is the USCG and NJT????????

While I know we're not exactly comparing apples to apples, but if this happened in Pt. Pleasant, it would not be tolerated. Destruction of NJT property is destruction of NJT property.
Has nothing to do with the bridge being hit. Heard they had electrical problems in their machines to operate the bridge in talking to an employee at Tuckahoe.

#325103  by prsl7668

Engineer from NJT says bridge is fixed, but CMSL doesn't want to run down there because they will have to deadhead equipment to Rio Grande after the Richland runs and the move would take over 2 hours because of track conditions between Tuckahoe and Court House.

#325106  by PRSL1972

It hard to say who is telling the truth. If you ask me both companies CMSL and NJT are full of s--t when it comes to moving people by rail in south jersey. I have 2 solutions to fix the problem. 1 get the local politicans involved and put pressure on NJT, you put enough pressure on them and give them bad press they will budge. 2 have another rr that is stable to run thet portion of the line. As I said in previous posts the people in south jersey will not tollerate this any more and it will get ugly. I hope I am wrong!!!

#325491  by prr60

prsl7668 wrote:Engineer from NJT says bridge is fixed, but CMSL doesn't want to run down there because they will have to deadhead equipment to Rio Grande after the Richland runs and the move would take over 2 hours because of track conditions between Tuckahoe and Court House.
That sound more plausible to me. Maybe the CMSL should be renamed the TNTSL - the Tuckahoe Near The Seashore Lines.

#325571  by glennk419

prr60 wrote:
prsl7668 wrote:Engineer from NJT says bridge is fixed, but CMSL doesn't want to run down there because they will have to deadhead equipment to Rio Grande after the Richland runs and the move would take over 2 hours because of track conditions between Tuckahoe and Court House.
That sound more plausible to me. Maybe the CMSL should be renamed the TNTSL - the Tuckahoe Near The Seashore Lines.
Well, since Tuckahoe is in Cape May county, the name is technically accurate. Let's not forget that the primary reason for virtually all of the equipment now residing in Tuckahoe was due to the vicious, continuous and costly vandalism that was going on in Rio Grande.

#325691  by Andrew Blaszczyk (2)

I guess this thread is dead as they started service from Cape May north this past Sunday. I took a ride down to chase the Richland - Tuckahoe excursion and in the process learned that the train set was going south that night for Sunday. They are running Saturdays from Tuckahoe - Richland until the 23rd and Sundays from Cape May City to Cape May Courthouse until the 17th. I lucked out finding this gem of a railroad. It's a great chase due to the higher speeds than normal excursion lines since its freight trackage. I can't wait to take a ride on Sunday to fan the southern part of the line!

#325764  by glennk419

OK, so now I'm totally confused. Was the website hacked or was the information given to Andrew based on the original plans. Can anyone confirm whether or not the Sunday service is being operated? The Cape May webpage was last updated on 11/20 according to the date stamp on the page.

#325793  by chuchubob

December 2006 Cape May service is cancelled because of continuing issues with the bridge.

#326063  by blockline4180

Andrew Blaszczyk (2) wrote:I guess this thread is dead as they started service from Cape May north this past Sunday. I took a ride down to chase the Richland - Tuckahoe excursion and in the process learned that the train set was going south that night for Sunday. They are running Saturdays from Tuckahoe - Richland until the 23rd and Sundays from Cape May City to Cape May Courthouse until the 17th. I lucked out finding this gem of a railroad. It's a great chase due to the higher speeds than normal excursion lines since its freight trackage. I can't wait to take a ride on Sunday to fan the southern part of the line!

SO this whole statement must have been one complete lie!

#326076  by BrianM

Maybe not. Maybe just a misunderstanding. They may have dead headed down there to get equipment. I believe they still have some pieces down that way. If so, and the bridge is fixed, maybe they did a dead head move to get it and bring it to Tuck to work on it? Just a thought.

Brian