Railroad Forums 

• Seashore Lines website

• Discussion relating to the PRSL
Discussion relating to the PRSL

Moderator: JJMDiMunno

#246850  by nickrapak

If you do a Google search on the CMSL, the heading over the official website is "CLOSED." That's all.

#246866  by glennk419

I noticed the same thing, this whole situation is very dismaying.

#246897  by JoeBas

This is all still just speculation, it'll sort itself out one way or another.

I can say, from firsthand experience, that "Website Ownership" fracases can get really dirty... technically, the domain name is often allowed by a tech-unsavvy "owner" to be put in the name of the person who handles the web traffic, rather than in the owner's name or the company's... and then, should the relationship sour between the "owner" and the "techie" (for any reason), the owner has no recourse for what the techie does with the website, since the techie's name is on the website ownership documents.

No judgements being made here either way... but it's sometimes to remember that the internet isn't always all it's cracked up to be. ;)

#246899  by glennk419

JoeBas wrote:This is all still just speculation, it'll sort itself out one way or another.

I can say, from firsthand experience, that "Website Ownership" fracases can get really dirty... technically, the domain name is often allowed by a tech-unsavvy "owner" to be put in the name of the person who handles the web traffic, rather than in the owner's name or the company's... and then, should the relationship sour between the "owner" and the "techie" (for any reason), the owner has no recourse for what the techie does with the website, since the techie's name is on the website ownership documents.

No judgements being made here either way... but it's sometimes to remember that the internet isn't always all it's cracked up to be. ;)
VERY well stated.

Unfortunately, the actions of said "techies" can have a very detrimental effect upon the operators of the enterprise that is being represented. I still hold hope and faith that the "good guys" will still be standing in the end.

#246908  by lv414

Tried calling the phone number for train information and got no answer. They used to have a recording but now nothing. With Memorial Day coming up isn't that when they usually start? Roger D. :(

#247111  by NJ Vike

Is this the same line that had the excursion from Tuckahoe to ????

#247226  by David

Tuckahoe to Richland-----

#247361  by NJ Vike

And I had the opportunity to ride it last year and didn't. :(
 #248133  by DougD

Did a quick pass by Tuckahoe on the way down to the zoo this morning and found a some action going on. One RDC was fired up along with the two LV units. Looked like they were doing routine maint or getting ready for the upcoming season????

DougD

#248320  by glennk419

Actually, it appeared to be a private excursion, maybe a birthday party? When I went by at 12:00 yesterday (5/20), the F7's, club car Alex DeCroce and the RDC were ready to depart from the station, presumably toward Richland. There were party balloons lined up next to where the folks were boarding the train. Unfortunately I was unable to stick around for the departure but it was great to see some activity there nonetheless.

#Edited for spelling
Last edited by glennk419 on Tue May 23, 2006 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

#248606  by NJ Vike

Just visited the site today. Take a look. Looks like someone took the domain over. Did anyone check WHOIS?

#248626  by rrbluesman

It reads like a printing compnay has control of the site now. Its not clear who or what that site is about now, bummer.

#248630  by themallard

rrbluesman wrote:It reads like a printing compnay has control of the site now. Its not clear who or what that site is about now, bummer.
Atleast there is a railroad yard in the background and the kid is wearing a Thomas the Tank Engine t-shirt...

#248740  by PARailWiz

#248844  by jatravia

PARailWiz wrote:Wikipedia knows all...

http://www.capemayseashorelines.org/
Hi guys! I am glad that I was able to change the Wikipedia link! It was the first link I was able to get to.

THE CAPE MAY SEASHORE LINES RAILROAD IS STILL INTACT AND SOUND AND GROWING!

I am not certain of the problems between Tony Macrie and the former site's webmaster but I can tell you that the former CMSL website is closed and it will most likely remain that way. I was informed of the discussion on this formum by Bob Rowen who host http://users.erols.com/rowanb/cmsl.htm . Bob has been very helpful to me.

What I can tell you is that www.capemayseashorelines.org is the lines new home and I will have it up, complete with ticket and schedule information, as soon as I can.

I was introduced to Tony by my father-in-law who has known him for years. Tony was looking to have my father-in-law put together a new website for him. My father-in-law asked me to talk to Tony about this because of my love for railroads. Our intent is to put together a new site that is informative and fun.

If I am understanding Tony correctly it will be mid summer before the trains start rolling (aside from specials like the birthday train last weekend, that I got to ride on, and the Red Hat Society's ride a few weeks back). I should have my hands on the schedule soon though. Once I have it I'll get it posted on the new site www.capemayseashorelines.org .

I am sorry for any trouble or concern that this site change seems to have caused everyone. I was speaking to Tony last night and he anxious to get the new site up and to spread the word about the change. To all who support the CMSL - THANK YOU.

It will be a few days before I post any changes to the site but be sure to check it out.

Thank you,
Joe Travia
[email protected]