Railroad Forums 

• New Jersey Transit Assistant Conductor Test

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1447031  by Jstache23

Between your physical and agility test how long was the wait? I'm not worried because I have a December start date just question I had to ask.
Matps94 wrote:I just did the strength test last week in union, (8/17), still haven't heard anything from HR although I called and emailed them. Does anyone know when the next class is going to start? I was hearing rumors that it would be Sept. 6th. but nothing definite.
 #1451228  by Matps94

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything new on the mid December class. I got the start date, but its been a while since I heard anything from HR and the dates approaching quickly. Thanks guys
 #1452410  by Jstache23

Got an email that was I put on a waiting list for the next class. That's frustrating because it's literally a week before the class starts. I know this happen to a memeber on this thread. Any advice? :(
 #1452421  by Matps94

Yep I got the same email this morning. Gotta love NJT HR. Literally a week before the class was supposed to start and I had already given my 2 weeks notice at my current employer. It's like thy dont care at all, I've called the HR offices 3 different times today and no one wants to pick up the phone, how convenient.
 #1469589  by CountryBoy1990

Railroader11 wrote:That's great hopefully it's sooner than later. I currently work for Norfolk southern. I took the test back in November. I'm pretty bummed I didn't pass . I just mailed in form to hopefully get a re-test. Anyone have info on the wait period to be re-tested
How long did it take for you to get a re test?
 #1532983  by Ranger

Took the test in Dec 2019 - was notified I passed in January
So I’m wondering if anyone can tell me how long it is till interviews
Then after that physicals
Any idea on class schedules??
Any input is appreciated