CP to acquire Central Maine & Quebec Railway

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPR.CA.

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

CN9634

Re: CP to acquire Central Maine & Quebec Railway

Post by CN9634 »

I'm at a crossroads-- post CMQ sightings here?

CP (red) container made it across the system to link up with the NBSR. Told it is another test to see where current transit times are and I assume this will be unloaded at DP World again since I'm unaware of any capability changes from NBSR to do so.

CP hi-rails have been spotted around Sherbrooke area, I guess this indicates the engineering dept. is still working on planned upgrades.

Motive power and other operations on CMQ remained unchanged, only news is STB has set into motion the timeline for an official Day 1 of June 3rd assuming there is no major heartburn elsewhere in the process.

CN9634

Post by CN9634 »

CP announced today a new intermodal service to Saint John via the 'CMQR'. The test container being not just a test, but also a publicity piece for the announcement. It's on their Twitter page, I'm sure will spread to other medias shortly, but the intermodal customers have been informed.

fromway

Post by fromway »

CN is initiating progressive and orderly shutdown of its eastern Canadian network, including VIA, due to blockade in Ontario. They are waiting for Ontario to enforce a court order to stop the blockade. Maybe, CP can take advantage of the situation to kick start the SJ traffic.

johnpbarlow

Post by johnpbarlow »

Might be a speed bump at STB for approval of CP's acquisition of CMQ - See posting in the CMQ discussion forum:
http://www.railroad.net/viewtopic.php?p ... 9#p1534429

fromway

Post by fromway »

Has there been any whispering about what CP has planned for Searsport other than what has been publicly discussed?

Return to “Canadian Pacific Railway”