Railroad Forums 

• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1531206  by NJT4149

CSXT 6228 + 6 today, including a tank for Bel-Ray. Getting ready to depart the yard now, as per a friend
 #1531265  by southern sec. kid

Can't say whether i'm right or wrong on this but i heard the horn a half hour ago in the distance. if my thoughts are correct it would have been blowing for Squankum Yellowbrook Rd on the outskirts of Farmingdale. About 5ish minutes after they cross Squankum Yellowbrook I can always hear them come through Farmingdale. It's closer to me and they would have four more crossings to blow for. Didn't hear any of that tonight.

Like I said, i could be wrong but i think they could have tied down somewhere around Farmingdale tonight.
 #1532272  by GSC

Coast Line Railfan wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:47 pm Shark River Road 5:45 PM
When I was little, my family would visit an aunt and uncle in one of the last houses on Shark River Station Road. I'd grow bored with the adult talk and wander down to the tracks, hoping to see a train (I never did). What a lonely outpost that must've been for a station agent. There was an old abandoned concrete building there, two stories, not sure if it was an old house or the actual depot. Long before the landfill, the area was mostly farming, so maybe Shark River was more of a farm product depot than a passenger station. The place served as a lover's lane, and when other people decided it was a good place for various illegal activities, the police patrolled it more, as well as the security detail from the other side of the Earle fence.
 #1532398  by R&DB

Coast Line Railfan wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:23 pm Confirmed, CSXT 4408 + 12 cars for Woodhaven. Clear of the Rusty Rail 17:22
Maybe that should be "Clear ON the Rusty Rail"?
Last edited by R&DB on Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.