Railroad Forums 

• CMQ for sale?

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

#1527561  by fromway

CP Tech Train spotted today, heading East. They aren't wasting anytime in checking it all out. Rumor that they were also going to check Clearances out on the Newport line. Here we go.
 #1527584  by fromway

CMQ TRAINWATCHERS on Face Book has pictures of it leaving Farnham, Quebec heading East. Then went through Bromont, Quebec. No conversation after Bromont.
 #1527587  by fromway

UPDATE ON TECH TRAIN. Yes, it is headed to Maine. Talk is that it won't be returning to Canada until end of week.
 #1527604  by Zeke

Your are right Keefe,stunning. If someone said to me here are two stories one is true and one false which would you choose ? A UFO landed on the roof of CMQ headquarters or CP just bought the CMQ. I would choose the UFO story.
 #1527613  by Zeke

It probably is I have seen Job 2 with stacks.
 #1527640  by RRAcadia

It's been a while since I have seen one, but there was an occasional double stack coming through a while back. So it shouldn't be an issue on the Irving side since they usually began or ended their journey with Irving. They also used to run double stacks back in the CP and MMA days along the moosehead.
 #1527656  by fromway

CMQ Facebook site posted picture of TEC train in Greenville on Moosehead Sub
 #1527711  by KSmitty

The line is cleared for doublestacks from Montreal to Saint John.
 #1527969  by fromway

Does anyone know where the CP TEC train went while in Maine? The only references I have seen are just to the Moosehead.
 #1528061  by jaymac

The Atlantic Wallboard and Sawmill Divisions of Irving have separate letters of support posted on the 12-13-2019 STB Filings for SOO control of CMQ.

(OT, but "Soo" wasn't in my iMac spellcheck until it got added.)