Railroad Forums 

• Please identify the RR on this button

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#1526835  by 452 Card

I found a button today in a stash of stuff my wife has. It appears to be a Trainman's uniform button. On the front is "NY & QCo", with "Railway" across the top and "Company" across the bottom.the Any idea what RR this was? On the reverse it is embossed "Browning King & Co.", who were a men's clothier in Manhattan.
I can't upload the pix I took so there aren't any here.
 #1526842  by Cannon Ball

Probably NY & Queens Transit Corp. From WIkipedia: "The New York and Queens County Railway was a streetcar operator that operated in the northern part of the borough of Queens in New York City. It was incorporated in 1896, consolidating four previous streetcar operators: Flushing & College Point Electric Railway, Long Island City & Newtown Railway, Newtown Railway, and Steinway Railway Company. In 1932 it was reorganized as New York & Queens Transit Corporation." Buses replaced streetcars in 1937. Old button!!
 #1526962  by 452 Card

Thank you, Cannonball. We have no clue as to where this button originated in our family. The only thing we can figure is that my wife''s family came from the College Point/Flushing area, so there may have been a connection there.
I found the wiki page; ultimately it became the Orange Line bus route.