Railroad Forums 

Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#1521362  by RRspatch

This is former Metroliner coach No.803. Yes, the Amfleet cars were patterned after the Metroliner EMU's but this was not an Amfleet test car.

http://on-track-on-line.com/amtkrinf-metrocon.shtml
 #1521377  by DutchRailnut

Its one of FRA Geometry cars , other than heritage it has nothing to do with Amtrak.

its run by FRA to make sure LIRR's own data is correct as generated by TC-82
 #1521389  by hrfcarl

Believe I saw that setup running east on the main line at Mineola this morning around 8.30am, went by too quick to take pic.
 #1521434  by newkirk

Caught me my surprise this morning seeing this.

BTW, #803 at Wilmington, DE shops.
Attachments:
#803 Wilmington, Shops
#803 Wilmington, Shops
IMAGE01.JPG (825.32 KiB) Viewed 3699 times
 #1570524  by Pensyfan19

As of today, the LIRR has started testing FRA 221, a coach which is often used for long distance routes, as part of its commuter railroad journey on the Eastern Seaboard. It went o MBTA and Metro North before now, and test runs began with a DE30AC on each end instead of the usual MP15AC. Test runs today went to Hempstead and Greenport, and this train is likely to visit all of the branches of the LIRR.

Here is footage of this special train passing by near Yaphank about a few hours ago.
 #1570624  by Pensyfan19

They went out to Port Jeff today. Followed by Oyster Bay. The DEs are needed in order to run with HEP for 221 and can go at MAS (Max Operating Speed?) while operating.