Discussion relating to the B&O up to it's 1972 merger into Chessie System. Visit the B&O Railroad Historical Society for more information. Also discussion of the C&O up to 1972. Visit the C&O Historical Society for more information. Also includes the WM up to 1972. Visit the WM Historical Society for more information.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 96
- Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:21 pm
When the Hocking Valley and Columbus & Toledo combined, they were using the PRR Olive Street terminal. Sometime after 1899, the C&O constructed their own docks on the east bank of the Maumee ( north of the LS&MS bridge and south of the W&LE bridge) and finally moved to mouth of the Maumee at Presque Isle. Can any of you advise when the C&O moved from Olive Street and opened their own piers? Did the docks just dump coal, or was their inbound ore/stone/lumber traffic? Was there package freight at that point? When did they move to Presque Isle? How long did the first set of docks last after the move to Presque Isle? WJPowers