Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1406753  by GirlOnTheTrain

Saw the movie tonight...the only thing that bothered me was the M7 exterior shots with the M3 interior :P

Overall, the book was better but it was well done...and the M8's make an oh so brief appearance on the viaduct around 125 via an aerial shot. Not nearly as much as the trailers imply.
 #1407470  by pnaw10

The continuity issues are only noticed by us railfans. Most people either can't tell the difference or don't care. If I saw this movie, I'd be pointing the same things out but my wife would just tell me to shut up and let her enjoy the movie. Didn't some TV show or movie once cover up all the MNR logos to put something different on the trains?

As for trailers, I recently read an in-depth article about those, so good timing -- often, trailers are being produced at the same time the movie itself is being edited (or in some cases, before filming is even finished). That means the trailer producers aren't pulling clips from the finished product -- rather, they're usually given a limited amount of raw footage, maybe some suggestions of key shots/clips to use, perhaps a plot summary. After that, think of it like Iron Chef: here are your ingredients, and you've got until close of business Friday to put together something that will make people want to watch this movie.

By now, you've probably guessed: this process means the trailer producers may wind up using shots that don't make it into the final cut of the movie. Hopefully, any such discrepancies are minor and don't cause any contradiction between the trailer and the plot.
 #1494868  by Gilbert B Norman

This movie is presently available on Showtime.

I made it 20mins; enjoyed the "passably accurate" MNR footage, then decided "where is this this flick going?".

I then rang up IMDB and read several of the "mixed" reviews as well as their plot summary. It appeared to be some kind of remake of "Fatal Attraction" - a movie that might have had a bad ending for a lovely Labrador Retriever.

I wanted no further part of it - click.
 #1494889  by DutchRailnut

really 2 years later?? Gilbert click...