Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 3690
- Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:41 am
Krispy is correct. The original was a South Side Rail Road, 4/1869 as the new Patchogue terminal went into service. Located at RIVER Street (later renamed Ave.), at that time, on the later Underwood Coal property. The Armstrong turntable made its early appearance after the LIRR Patchogue Station opened: SUMMER/1888.krispy wrote:Yes, more than 1 or it moved. Try Steve’s site (trainsarefun.com) or Arrt’s Archives site for the details.
SSRR turntable and enginehouse, Little Patchogue River (later Tuthill's Creek) Collection: SUNY, Stony Brook Photo: George Brainerd c. 1870]
Here are the maps and photos: http://www.trainsarefun.com/lirr/patcho ... ge%201.htm