Railroad Forums 

• 901 out testing today

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1459267  by glennk419

Great shot. I see that they are continuing the practice of running opposite pan raised. Ironically, there were wire problems on the West Trenton line this afternoon at Somerton. Hope 901 didn't get tangled up in that. I also heard "something" ( unique horn ) on the Warminster line inbound at Roslyn around noon today. Wonder if that was 901 as well.
 #1459545  by silverliner266

glennk419 wrote:Great shot. I see that they are continuing the practice of running opposite pan raised. Ironically, there were wire problems on the West Trenton line this afternoon at Somerton. Hope 901 didn't get tangled up in that. I also heard "something" ( unique horn ) on the Warminster line inbound at Roslyn around noon today. Wonder if that was 901 as well.
I believe it was, a SEPTA employee posted a really cool picture of the locomotive and cars at Warminster.
 #1459571  by JeffK

mcgrath618 wrote:The more I see it in action, the more I dig this paint scheme. Reminds me of old Amtrak.
The paint scheme doesn't bother me, but those reptilian, "evil alien" headlights have GOT to go.
 #1459631  by Franklin Gowen

silverliner266 wrote:I believe it was, a SEPTA employee posted a really cool picture of the locomotive and cars at Warminster.
Posted where, please? Would you provide a link? Thanks in advance. :-)
 #1459681  by silverliner266

I was in the private Facebook group. I would snag the picture but because I haven't seen it reposted anywhere I'm assuming the image isn't public. I'll ask if I can share it though.
 #1459682  by MACTRAXX

JeffK wrote:
mcgrath618 wrote:The more I see it in action, the more I dig this paint scheme. Reminds me of old Amtrak.
The paint scheme doesn't bother me, but those reptilian, "evil alien" headlights have GOT to go.
Jeff: In the ACS64 discussion at the Amtrak Forum there was a nickname of sorts created by the
resemblance to the "Catmobile" that was in the cartoon series "Courageous Cat and Minute Mouse"
which originally ran between 1960 and 1962. You can find more by google searching this title.
I remember seeing these cartoons growing up and I do agree with this nickname thought :wink:

As for the chosen color scheme it could have been better - the large word SEPTA and logo on the
side is overdoing it to me. To me the other extreme is the AEM7 color scheme in which SEPTA's
logo is barely noticeable and is plain overall in comparison.

MACTRAXX
 #1459685  by JeffK

MT - I was thinking of this guy :-D

And thanks for the memory jog. I'd forgotten about CC & MM, also have fond memories of Crusader Rabbit, Yogi Bear, Underdog*, & others from that era. The joys of being a boomer!

* GO IGGLES!!
 #1462133  by CNJGeep

Went to Doylestown and Elwyn today 2/17/18