Railroad Forums 

• CMSL Cape May (NJ) Seashore Lines Non-Passenger Operations

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1359222  by jrzwalker86

As of this evening, looking at Clayton's facilities in Woodmansie through Google Earth, there is no evidence of any new rail construction into that facility from the old CNJ Southern Division nor is there any evidence of any transloading mechanisms. The images do show all of the rehabilitated crossings including Mt Misery Road and Rt 539. I would think that based on these observations and that the two year old Rt- 539 crossing is still not bolted to the rest of the tracks that there is no longer any interest in further rehabilitation of this R.O.W. by Clayton.
 #1359772  by CTL10D

"....I would think that based on these observations and that the two year old Rt- 539 crossing is still not bolted to the rest of the tracks that there is no longer any interest in further rehabilitation of this R.O.W. by Clayton...."

And how much of our tax money was wasted installing new crossing signals at 539, 530, and Wranglebrook road; that could have been better used elsewhere....... I don't know, it just irks me. I`m really not trying to rip anyone who is involved with any facet of this operation, but this isn`t fantasy land. Not when our taxpayer dollars are being used/wasted....
 #1359989  by David

CTL10D wrote:"....I would think that based on these observations and that the two year old Rt- 539 crossing is still not bolted to the rest of the tracks that there is no longer any interest in further rehabilitation of this R.O.W. by Clayton...."

And how much of our tax money was wasted installing new crossing signals at 539, 530, and Wranglebrook road; that could have been better used elsewhere....... I don't know, it just irks me. I`m really not trying to rip anyone who is involved with any facet of this operation, but this isn`t fantasy land. Not when our taxpayer dollars are being used/wasted....

Give it some more time---
 #1364874  by railworker1987

Clayton ownes it and NJSL had a partnered deal to operate the railroad. Im guessing if the funds were available transloading equipment would have been purchased along with any other track work. The crossings were fixed using a grant fund, you dont use it, you lose it. Plus i wouldn't really bitch about tax waste espeacially in NJ Christine stole all the transportation budget money (your taxes) which would be used on rail infrastrutre. Spent it on other state budgets so as not to raise fuel taxes which would make him look bad so he could run for president. It's the whole reason he lied about saying we would get short end of stick by investing in a new rail tunnel under the hudson. Every million dollars your spend on construction is 20,000 jobs
 #1365040  by Ken W2KB

railworker1987 wrote:Clayton ownes it and NJSL had a partnered deal to operate the railroad. Im guessing if the funds were available transloading equipment would have been purchased along with any other track work. The crossings were fixed using a grant fund, you dont use it, you lose it. Plus i wouldn't really bitch about tax waste espeacially in NJ Christine stole all the transportation budget money (your taxes) which would be used on rail infrastrutre. Spent it on other state budgets so as not to raise fuel taxes which would make him look bad so he could run for president. It's the whole reason he lied about saying we would get short end of stick by investing in a new rail tunnel under the hudson. Every million dollars your spend on construction is 20,000 jobs
>>>Every million dollars your spend on construction is 20,000 jobs<<< That's only $50 per job. Somehow that does not seem correct.

NJ is among the highest 3 or 4 states with the highest level of overall taxation in the US. Surely money to fund rail could be found by cutting waste and relatively meaningless programs rather that raise taxes even higher.
 #1378064  by scottso699

I'm pretty sure that's why they revitalized (or started to) this line. I think they were anticipating the need for construction sand in a mass quantity and thought that the other tunnel project would have been well underway by now. If this new one ever gets off the ground you might see some sand trains finally moving.
 #1382946  by Tanker1497

They have brushed the track as far as you can view from MP66 I have seen photos of the work in progress on another site. Its not much to report as sweeping off ties isn't much! When I last walked in from MP66 I was turned back around MP67.4 the cranberry bogs/swamp had raised to the tops of the rails and it looked kind of sunk? Might have been just was after heavy rain? I'm off today if I get time I'll take the ride over.