Railroad Forums 

• Commuter Rail Delay Discussion

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1319585  by ACeInTheHole

nick11a wrote:
srock1028 wrote:Effective immediately and continuing until further notice, bus service is being provided on the Gladstone Branch between Gladstone and Far Hills stations and train shuttle service between Far Hills and Summit stations due to weather-related overhead wire problems. Additionally, regular Morris & Essex Lines trains will make additional stops to accommodate customers.

In unrelated news, train 2300 on-time into Newark this morning.
I was in Gladstone on Wednesday evening during rush hour and trains were running regularly to Gladstone.
The other day the Gladstone trains were bussing past Bernardsville. Speaking of which, one Arrow set is running around with a dead single in consist. The 1321-1309-1456-1457 set. I believe the 1309 is the dead car. No traction motor noise from that car, and the set accelerates like a pig as the 1321 on one end and the married pair on the other try to compensate for the dead 1309. I was on #1309 on the one train #421 when it quit. Weird experience for sure. Lights went out, power, train rolled to a stop for a bit. Never had that happen before.
 #1319733  by srock1028

ACeInTheHole wrote: I was in Gladstone on Wednesday evening during rush hour and trains were running regularly to Gladstone.
The other day the Gladstone trains were bussing past Bernardsville. Speaking of which, one Arrow set is running around with a dead single in consist. The 1321-1309-1456-1457 set. I believe the 1309 is the dead car. No traction motor noise from that car, and the set accelerates like a pig as the 1321 on one end and the married pair on the other try to compensate for the dead 1309. I was on #1309 on the one train #421 when it quit. Weird experience for sure. Lights went out, power, train rolled to a stop for a bit. Never had that happen before.[/quote]

That 4MU set started on train 408 this morning. May have been reset in Gladstone in the overnight hours?
 #1319852  by ACeInTheHole

srock1028 wrote:
ACeInTheHole wrote: I was in Gladstone on Wednesday evening during rush hour and trains were running regularly to Gladstone.
The other day the Gladstone trains were bussing past Bernardsville. Speaking of which, one Arrow set is running around with a dead single in consist. The 1321-1309-1456-1457 set. I believe the 1309 is the dead car. No traction motor noise from that car, and the set accelerates like a pig as the 1321 on one end and the married pair on the other try to compensate for the dead 1309. I was on #1309 on the one train #421 when it quit. Weird experience for sure. Lights went out, power, train rolled to a stop for a bit. Never had that happen before.
That 4MU set started on train 408 this morning. May have been reset in Gladstone in the overnight hours?[/quote]
I think they just didnt cut out the #1309... It needs to go. The lights work and such but no traction power
 #1320153  by srock1028

There is currently a wire down in one of the tunnels leading to Sunnyside Yard, causing a backup in the station. 15-20 minute delays right now. Everyone be safe out there with the bad weather.
 #1320957  by ladder2

So what is the major causes of delays on NJT this morning, 3/11/15? the traffic people on all the NY TV stations state the M&E and Pascack Valley are both completely shut down!
 #1320963  by srock1028

ladder2 wrote:So what is the major causes of delays on NJT this morning, 3/11/15? the traffic people on all the NY TV stations state the M&E and Pascack Valley are both completely shut down!
1. Fire near River Edge Station on the Pascack Valley Line.
2. Trespasser incident between Denville and Dover on the M&E.
3. Train broke down in tunnel leading into NYPS.
 #1321219  by srock1028

philipmartin wrote:3224 behaved like an Amtrak train this morning; broke down under the Hudson River, backed up to Secaucus and was taken out of service there.
Actually this happened on Wednesday (3-11) as I originally posted, not on Thursday (3-12) as you posted...
 #1321871  by ccutler

Missed my connection today from RV Line into NE Corridor to NY Penn, by 3 minutes. The tracks on the NE Corridor just west of Newark are in the worst shape I can remember in 20 years, especially the switches. That stretch was a rough and slow ride. the ballast also looks a little mucky in places, desperately in need of cleaning.
 #1327760  by philipmartin

ccutler wrote:Missed my connection today from RV Line into NE Corridor to NY Penn, by 3 minutes. The tracks on the NE Corridor just west of Newark are in the worst shape I can remember in 20 years, especially the switches. That stretch was a rough and slow ride. the ballast also looks a little mucky in places, desperately in need of cleaning.
NJT is notifying passengers these days, (or is supposed to be,) that they can loose fifteen minutes on the NEC due to track work.
 #1327853  by twropr

I had heard that on the NEC TK 1 will be taken out of service at Metropark and Elizabeth for tie replacement - does anyone know whether this is happening yet?
Andy
Jacksonville, FL
 #1328501  by philipmartin

Bad morning 4/29/2015. Amtrak doing track work in one of the Hudson River during rush hour. When that got finished, a train broke down in one of the HR tunnels. One hour delaysq being announced, and M&E trains all go to Hoboken, for a while.