Railroad Forums 

• SOO and DME Exchange Trackage Rights In LaCrosse Area

• Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPR.CA. Includes Kansas City Southern.
Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPR.CA. Includes Kansas City Southern.

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#1276819  by CPHOG

Its a way that Cp dosent have to pay the DME, CP rates to run trains further. Something wierd has been brewing in Portage as well, I think Cp also wants the DME to help run trains on the tomah and river subs because CP is soooo short man power outta the cities and portage. Why should CP pay soo line guys top dollar to build a sand train on the tomah sub and run it to lacresent, when they can have the DME come out and do it for a lower rate of pay,,, I think its that type of shit going on.
 #1277615  by Engineer Spike

When I read this I thought it may be due to the low DME rates, just like when Guilford turned MEC, and BM operations to Springfield Terminal.

With the trend of lengthening of runs, it may be so they can make longer runs over combined SOO and DME lines. They have had D&H crews return to running over CP into Montreal.
 #1278588  by JayBee

More information has come to light concerning the trackage rights exchange. The word is that BNSF has lost the contract to haul coal for Columbia Power Station near Portage and the UP will now Interchange the coal to CP at Clinton, IA with the DM&E hauling the coal to the plant.