Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1226772  by RearOfSignal

So what's the deal here, saw a set of M3's today with advertisements painted on the exterior. None of our resident train-spotters caught this?
 #1226794  by lirr42

The LIRR has wrapped a couple M7 sets in the MTA's "Get outta town" tourism campaign, the press release mentioned Metro-North was also getting in on the fun, but it didn't say anything about M3's.

There are some photos from the MTA's Flickr page at the bottom of this post here: http://thelirrtoday.blogspot.com/2013/1 ... d-m7s.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1226806  by lirr42

RearOfSignal wrote:Almost certain they were M3's, though the train was moving and the advertising was distracting from equipment type.
You're eyes aren't playing tricks on you, I just saw photos on SubChat of wrapped MNCR M3's. I have only heard about the LIRR wrapping some of their M7's and wasn't sure.
 #1228330  by Travelsonic

Saw it this past Thursday - looked like either 8 or 10 cars [4 or 5 pairs] in the consist... hope I spot it this week, as I wish I remembered correctly the size of that consist. >_<.
 #1230599  by NH2060

RearOfSignal wrote:Sucks that this is an MTA ad, would like to see a Pepsi train or Geico train.
Haven't we heard and seen enough of that darn lizard??

Sorry couldn't resist :-P