here are some photos of the car from the early 1970's, before it was owned by NYSW:
(that was in Hammondsport, NY)
From Richard Palmer:
"Black Diamond" Pullman 1927. Parlor observation "solarium." Purchased from Pullman, March 30, 1940 and re-lettered "1551." Rebuilt 1954 with new six-wheel trucks. To #94058, June 9, 1964 and used as "rider" to business car #353. Sold Feb. 10, 1966 to Pleasant Valley Winery, Hammondsport, N.Y. Sold to Rahway Valley RR in 1975. When the Rahway Valley RR was purchased by Delaware Otsego Corp. in 1986 it was moved to Cooperstown where it still (2013) exists in poor condition. 43 person seating capacity.
Apparently the car was sold a few years back, when the NYSW sold off its entire passenger car fleet..
The car is believed to be no longer in Cooperstown..(or is it?)
anyone know if its still in Cooperstown? and if not, where it went?