Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1031454  by runningwithscalpels

I apologize if this has been asked in a different thread before, I tried searching before I posted, I promise :)

I know Southeast has more parking - but Friday I plan on going to New York and would prefer to go from Brewster if feasible. Can anyone tell me if I have a snowball's chance in hell at parking at Brewster at about 8:15-8:30am, or should I not even bother and just go to Southeast anyway?

Normally I stick to Danbury, my only Harlem experience is Brewster on a Saturday morning, hence why I ask.
 #1031478  by DutchRailnut

not a chance in parking in Brewster, head right for SouthEast.
 #1031589  by truck6018

Once you get to the end of Independent Way you will want to turn into the left parking lot as this is where all the metered parking is. Leave yourself some time once you get there as it is a bit of a walk to the platform.
 #1031673  by runningwithscalpels

Truck, Does the metered parking have a ticket system too ala the thing at Brewster, or do I actually need to feed a meter with a day's worth of change?
 #1031763  by truck6018

I think it's $3 or $4 for 16 hours. You pull into a numbered parking space, go to the meters at the beginning of the lot, punch in your space # and pay. Take your receipt and go to the train.
 #1031800  by Kurt

There is a private lot in Brewster, across the tracks just north of the Station. they charge something like $5 a day. They only take cash, which you put in an envelope with your license plate number on the outside and drop in a box. Sometimes you can get lucky. Better bet is Southeast, which as mentioned has a larger lot, and is cheaper. The pay stations take coin, cash, or debit/credit cards.