Railroad Forums 

• looking for any help on the White Deer/Loganton Raiwayl

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#1010278  by oldschoolrail

There is a rumor that a food manufacurer wants to build in the great stream commons industrial park just north of Alenwood. But they wont build without access to rail. See the attached link for the news article. Also you can google (railroad allenwood forty years seda-cog )and you will get a bunch more info! http://www.northcentralpa.com/article/r ... -allenwood
 #1011263  by WD&LRY

The equipment is not abandoned it is privet property. The station and the mile or so of track is owned by the White Deer RR club.
The intrest in that line is from the Target wharehouse that is planned of being built near Allenwood with their intrest in rail service.
 #1371356  by conductor ron

I under stand you are looking for help on the White Deer/Loganton Railroad. I am the station master at the White Deer station. The White Deer and Loganton ended their passenger service at this station. If you have any question I will try to answer them. The railroad started out as a loging railroad and only went to T springs. In 1904 it was connected to Loganton and ran until 1916. We have pictures and write ups about the railroad at the station. My email address is [email protected]. Looking forward to hearing from you.
 #1583740  by rfprr

Hi,
Came across your post on a google search for the White Deer and Loganton RR.
I'm trying to figure out where the ROW was between White Deer and Mile Run.
Was White Deer Pike built on the old row? Thanks for any help.

rfprr