Siding In Richland

Discussion relating to the PRSL

Moderator: JJMDiMunno

mb38

Siding In Richland

Post by mb38 »

If not already started A new siding will be installed close to the Richland Station on Route 40 so trains ((CMSL) can operate all year - from the newspaper in Buena Township - per the mayor.

prr60

Re: Siding In Richland

Post by prr60 »

mb38 wrote:If not already started A new siding will be installed close to the Richland Station on Route 40 so trains ((CMSL) can operate all year - from the newspaper in Buena Township - per the mayor.
I wonder why it is thought a siding is needed to permit year-round service. They already operate nine months of the year (April to December) with no siding. Why would a siding be needed for January to March.

That begs the question as to whether there is even a demand for the service January through March. How many times can you see the same pretty nondescript route before you have seen enough?

PRSL1972

Post by PRSL1972 »

ok here is the skinny on the siding. when cmsl runs on the weekends conrail does not come down. with the siding in place the train can sit there and let the local freight mainly oil and coal for the power plant go through and the cmsl can play around again. that is the skinny on the siding.
For what I have been seeing the direction of NJT is going which isn't great it should be disbanded and revert back to public service and rail to DOT. This will ensure all high paid brain dead people are weeded out!!!

chuchubob

Re: Siding In Richland

Post by chuchubob »

mb38 wrote:If not already started A new siding will be installed close to the Richland Station on Route 40 so trains ((CMSL) can operate all year - from the newspaper in Buena Township - per the mayor.
The purpose for the siding is to permit CMSL service any time, not just on Saturday when CSAO gives them the track. As PRSL1972 pointed out, with the siding in place, CA20 could operate simultaneously with CMSL, as could the NS and CSX coal trains to Beesley Point and the returning emptys.

chuchubob

Post by chuchubob »

The switch was cut in on Dec 2 and a fence has been installed between the tracks.

David

Post by David »

chuchubob wrote:The switch was cut in on Dec 2 and a fence has been installed between the tracks.

So I take it, Bob, the siding ends in front of the station?-----
David-Moderator: New Jersey Railfan, L&HR, NYO&W and L&NE, Forums

chuchubob

Post by chuchubob »

David wrote: So I take it, Bob, the siding ends in front of the station?-----
Correct.

Return to “Pennsylvania-Reading Seashore Lines”