No Service to Cape May this Year

Discussion relating to the PRSL

Moderator: JJMDiMunno

prr60
Posts: 671
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:04 pm
Location: Southern NJ

No Service to Cape May this Year

Post by prr60 »

The CMSL will not operate the promised Santa Express service to Cape May. The only Santa trains will operate on Saturday from Tuckahoe to Richland. Continued issues with the Canal Bridge are blamed.

From the CMSL web page:
Due to additional rehabilitation work required on the Cape May Canal Movable Bridge, The Santa Express will not be operating into Cape May City this year.

glennk419
Posts: 3063
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:44 pm
Location: Southeastern PA & Cape May County, NJ

Post by glennk419 »

Sooooooooooooooooo..................

When do we start prosecuting and fining the culprits who keep running into the bridge?????

Where is the USCG and NJT????????

While I know we're not exactly comparing apples to apples, but if this happened in Pt. Pleasant, it would not be tolerated. Destruction of NJT property is destruction of NJT property.
Glenn

lv414
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:50 am

Post by lv414 »

glennk419 wrote:Sooooooooooooooooo..................

When do we start prosecuting and fining the culprits who keep running into the bridge?????

Where is the USCG and NJT????????

While I know we're not exactly comparing apples to apples, but if this happened in Pt. Pleasant, it would not be tolerated. Destruction of NJT property is destruction of NJT property.
Has nothing to do with the bridge being hit. Heard they had electrical problems in their machines to operate the bridge in talking to an employee at Tuckahoe.

prsl7668
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:22 am
Location: Stone Harbor

Post by prsl7668 »

Engineer from NJT says bridge is fixed, but CMSL doesn't want to run down there because they will have to deadhead equipment to Rio Grande after the Richland runs and the move would take over 2 hours because of track conditions between Tuckahoe and Court House.

PRSL1972
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:46 pm
Location: Undesclosed Locaton in U.S

Post by PRSL1972 »

It hard to say who is telling the truth. If you ask me both companies CMSL and NJT are full of s--t when it comes to moving people by rail in south jersey. I have 2 solutions to fix the problem. 1 get the local politicans involved and put pressure on NJT, you put enough pressure on them and give them bad press they will budge. 2 have another rr that is stable to run thet portion of the line. As I said in previous posts the people in south jersey will not tollerate this any more and it will get ugly. I hope I am wrong!!!
For what I have been seeing the direction of NJT is going which isn't great it should be disbanded and revert back to public service and rail to DOT. This will ensure all high paid brain dead people are weeded out!!!

prr60
Posts: 671
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:04 pm
Location: Southern NJ

Post by prr60 »

prsl7668 wrote:Engineer from NJT says bridge is fixed, but CMSL doesn't want to run down there because they will have to deadhead equipment to Rio Grande after the Richland runs and the move would take over 2 hours because of track conditions between Tuckahoe and Court House.
That sound more plausible to me. Maybe the CMSL should be renamed the TNTSL - the Tuckahoe Near The Seashore Lines.

glennk419
Posts: 3063
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:44 pm
Location: Southeastern PA & Cape May County, NJ

Post by glennk419 »

prr60 wrote:
prsl7668 wrote:Engineer from NJT says bridge is fixed, but CMSL doesn't want to run down there because they will have to deadhead equipment to Rio Grande after the Richland runs and the move would take over 2 hours because of track conditions between Tuckahoe and Court House.
That sound more plausible to me. Maybe the CMSL should be renamed the TNTSL - the Tuckahoe Near The Seashore Lines.
Well, since Tuckahoe is in Cape May county, the name is technically accurate. Let's not forget that the primary reason for virtually all of the equipment now residing in Tuckahoe was due to the vicious, continuous and costly vandalism that was going on in Rio Grande.
Glenn

Andrew Blaszczyk (2)
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:59 am
Location: Marlboro, NJ

Post by Andrew Blaszczyk (2) »

I guess this thread is dead as they started service from Cape May north this past Sunday. I took a ride down to chase the Richland - Tuckahoe excursion and in the process learned that the train set was going south that night for Sunday. They are running Saturdays from Tuckahoe - Richland until the 23rd and Sundays from Cape May City to Cape May Courthouse until the 17th. I lucked out finding this gem of a railroad. It's a great chase due to the higher speeds than normal excursion lines since its freight trackage. I can't wait to take a ride on Sunday to fan the southern part of the line!
??Andrew?Blaszczyk??
Proud fan of the Sabres, Islanders, Rockies, Raiders and Raptors.
"My camera is an artistic medium, not a tool of terrorism." http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=960

glennk419
Posts: 3063
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:44 pm
Location: Southeastern PA & Cape May County, NJ

Post by glennk419 »

OK, so now I'm totally confused. Was the website hacked or was the information given to Andrew based on the original plans. Can anyone confirm whether or not the Sunday service is being operated? The Cape May webpage was last updated on 11/20 according to the date stamp on the page.
Glenn

chuchubob
Posts: 6092
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:55 pm
Location: South Jersey

Post by chuchubob »

December 2006 Cape May service is cancelled because of continuing issues with the bridge.

blockline4180
Posts: 5548
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:58 am
Location: NJ and me, Broke Together!

Post by blockline4180 »

Andrew Blaszczyk (2) wrote:I guess this thread is dead as they started service from Cape May north this past Sunday. I took a ride down to chase the Richland - Tuckahoe excursion and in the process learned that the train set was going south that night for Sunday. They are running Saturdays from Tuckahoe - Richland until the 23rd and Sundays from Cape May City to Cape May Courthouse until the 17th. I lucked out finding this gem of a railroad. It's a great chase due to the higher speeds than normal excursion lines since its freight trackage. I can't wait to take a ride on Sunday to fan the southern part of the line!

SO this whole statement must have been one complete lie!
~Steve Pellettiere
Co-Moderator: DL&W/Erie/EL Forum
"Each of us makes his own weather, determines the color of the skies in the emotional universe which he inhabits."

BrianM

Post by BrianM »

Maybe not. Maybe just a misunderstanding. They may have dead headed down there to get equipment. I believe they still have some pieces down that way. If so, and the bridge is fixed, maybe they did a dead head move to get it and bring it to Tuck to work on it? Just a thought.

Brian

Return to “Pennsylvania-Reading Seashore Lines”