Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the PRR, up to 1968. Visit the PRR Technical & Historical Society for more information.
 #148299  by DonPevsner

The most exciting action anywhere in the East in the mid-1950's had to
be "THE BROKER" blasting out of Exchange Place with two K-4's
on the point. Often used: K-4 #612.

#151395  by JimBoylan

Did the Camden & Ambouy MU car to Old Bridge (or thereabouts) use Exchange place?

#151520  by timz

Was there ever an electric train out of Exchange Place down the Camden & Amboy... I'll check, but I'm guessing if it ever existed it was gone well before 1950.
 #151728  by JimBoylan

The last MU car on the Camden & Ambouy ran about 1961, I think to Old Bridge. I don't know if the other end of the trip was South Ambouy, Penn Station, Exchange Place, or what. It didn't run as far as the wire did, to Jamesburg or Monmouth Jct

#151816  by timz

You mean the motor (4662 or whatever it was) that ran Long Branch to Trenton until 1961-1962 or so?

There was a train from Jersey City to Camden until 1937-39, but that likely was a steam train, right? After that an electric MU ran NY Penn to Trenton via Jamesburg until-- sometime in the 1950s? Then the Camden and Amboy train got cut back to a Perth Amboy (?) connection, which ended in 1959.

#151825  by JimBoylan

timz wrote:the Camden and Amboy train got cut back to a Perth Amboy (?) connection, which ended in 1959.
That's the one I was thinking of. So, it wasn't an Exchange Place train. Thanks