Railroad Forums 

• Photo Location?

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
 #1410042  by nydepot

I know I've asked before on this one and I can't find the post.

This slide was unlabeled. Any idea where it was taken? Thanks.

Charles
002706.jpg
 #1410061  by TomNelligan

I'd say there's a very high probability that it's on the hilly part of the Maybrook Line between Brewster and Pougkeepsie, probably an eastbound train, but I can't pick out a specific spot. The tall smokestack in the upper right background may be a good location clue for someone. The PC diesels combined with the U25B still in NH paint pin the date as 1969 or 1970.
 #1411111  by Maybrook fan

looks like it possibly be Maybrook line in the area of Green Haven Prison in the background
 #1411115  by nydepot

Poughquag NY. Stalled on Poughquag Hill. 1969.

Thanks for all the input.