I ask that all of you familiarize yourselves with these general rules:
- * If you wish to share an article from a newspaper or web site, please summarize it in your own words, and then provide a link to the web site where you found the original article. You may cut and paste a few lines or a paragraph from the article if you are unsure how to summarize it in your own words, but please do not cut and paste the entire article verbatim.
* When reporting sightings, and particularly when reporting "incidents" (derailments, fires, accidents, or anything else that is out of the ordinary), please make every possible effort to report only reliable, factual information. Rumors and hearsay are strongly discouraged.
* If you wish to share information that you found on another discussion forum or mailing list (Yahoo Groups, etc.), please be sure to give credit where credit is due. This is good internet etiquette and railfanning etiquette, as well as common courtesy.
* When responding to another member's message, you may wish to quote part of their message in order to reference a specific point. If their message was particularly long, please do not quote their entire message unless absolutely necessary -- especially if your response is very short. Do not use the Quote button as a substitute for the Reply button. See also: http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopi ... 7&t=161125" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
* Trespassing on railroad property is dangerous and illegal. Don't do it.
* Subject titles may be edited for content and clarity at the moderator's discretion.
* Offensive or abusive posts from anyone will be removed immediately. Personal attacks against other members will not be tolerated.
* Any questions or comments about the operation of this forum can be sent to me via private message (click the "pm" button).
Welcome aboard! We look forward to your contributions!