Railroad Forums 

• Clinton Station Depot Diner Restauraunt Car

• Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.
Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.

Moderators: David, scottychaos, CAR_FLOATER, metman499, Franklin Gowen, Marty Feldner

#12065  by pcdude9190

I just went to the Clinton Station Depot restauraunt the other night. It wasn't too bad :) I remeber the car from when I used to go there in something like '96

Does anyone know anything interesting about the car there? Maybe someone who works there or something.

#16580  by metman499

It is 1179 Blue Comet Biela, and has been there for more than 10 years.
Its in rather good shape and not to "Buggered" up. No holes ins the sides and the undercarriage seems to be in rather good shape its generator and battery boxes intact. As for the roof there have been additions but an easy fix. Sadly all of the original seats are missing. It certainly is a good candidate for restoration. It seems though the new owner loves it as much as we do.

#16605  by Ken W2KB

The orginal seats were individual wicker chairs not attached to the floor fo the car, I have been told. The walkover seats were installed long after the Blue Comet era.