Railroad Forums 

• Photo Of GN SD45 "Hustle Muscle" And a Modern BNSF Train

• Discussion relating to the Burlington Northern and its predecessors Great Northern, Northern Pacific, Chicago Burlington & Quincy, Seattle Portland & Seattle, St. Louis - San Francisco, and their subsidiaries. Visit the Friends of the Burlington Northern for more information.
Discussion relating to the Burlington Northern and its predecessors Great Northern, Northern Pacific, Chicago Burlington & Quincy, Seattle Portland & Seattle, St. Louis - San Francisco, and their subsidiaries. Visit the Friends of the Burlington Northern for more information.
 #1080465  by MILW261

As you know, the Great Northern Historical Society gave indefinite custodial loan of GN SD45 400 -the fabled "Hustle Muscle"- to the Minnesota Transportation Museum in late 2001. Recently I saw this unit at work on one of MTMs caboose hops at their old GN roundhouse-turned museum at Jackson Street in Saint Paul, MN. At one point the unit was outside the grounds on MTMs bit of track when an eastbound BNSF intermodal stopped nearby. I couldn't resist the picture, which can be found at this blog post I made about it:

http://www.tonyheld.hoboandbowser.net/t ... -northern/

Enjoy!
 #1118560  by Tadman

Interesting that you see what amounts to the Builder meeting the Chief. Both trains are led by locomotives in historic schemes. Funny thing is, it probably would've never happened in real life, as the only city they met in was Chicago, and the different roads used different stations.