Railroad Forums 

• Cherry Hill, NJ to Airport (PHL)

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#13082  by jdelgrosso

O.k, here is the situation.

I am going to the airport from 30th street station. Trains to the airport leave every 30 minutes, is this right? what platform do they usually leave from? What is the price to make that trip? Can I just show them a New Jersey Transit ticket? I am taking the train from Cherry Hill to Philly first.

THANKS!!!!!!!

#13085  by queenlnr8

Hey JD, welcome to the boards!

Yes, you are correct. Trains leave from Center City stations (Market East, Suburban and Amtrak's 30th Street) roughly every half an hour.

Since you are coming in from Cherry Hill, I think that you are taking NJT to Trenton and then on to Philadelphia? If so, there is usually a layover at Trenton because SEPTA can't seem to make connections work. Go to the ticket agent in the station upstairs and buy a SEPTA ticket from Trenton to the Airport. (You cannot show just an NJT ticket on the SEPTA portion, they will nail you.) Then, go back and wait for your train to arrive.

Once in 30th, you are going to have to change platforms from the one you came in on. I believe that the R1 Airport boards on the middle platform. (You can ask your conductor where the train platforms.) The tracks are labeled here and there are LED reader boards to inform you of what train arrives when and on what track.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions!

#13091  by SCB2525

Trenton? What are you talking about? The closest the AC line gets to Trenton is Frankford Junction. NJT goes directly to 30th street.

#13094  by glennk419

The NJT train from Cherry Hill will bring you into the lower level of 30th Street Station. Follow the signs for Septa Regional Rail and go up the ramp to the upper level. The ticket windows will be on your left side and the Airport trains depart from the center set of platforms (and stairs).

#13128  by Irish Chieftain

Mod wrote:Since you are coming in from Cherry Hill, I think that you are taking NJT to Trenton and then on to Philadelphia?
NJT Northeast Corridor doesn't run to Cherry Hill :P He'll be riding the NJT Atlantic City Line into 30th Street.

#13138  by queenlnr8

Woah, woah! My mistake. I am not too familiar with the NJT system.
Since you are coming in from Cherry Hill, I think that you are taking NJT to Trenton and then on to Philadelphia? If so, there is usually a layover at Trenton because SEPTA can't seem to make connections work.
Anyway, the rest of the post was right on. Thanks guys, for correcting me. :D

#13332  by jdelgrosso

O.k, thank you everyone! Alright, I think I know how to get to the Septa tracks. Umm, isn't there a pathway leading to the SEPTA tracks right across from Track 10? Ya, I only rode SEPTA once from 30th street to market east. Otherwise, I connected to Harrisburg on Amtrak(same level as NJT). So thanks everyone! I shall be on me way.

S'all good queenlnr8.

Oh yeah, and thanks for welcoming me!