Railroad Forums 

• Silverliner Vs Out of Service - Schedule/Service Discussion

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1399015  by Gilbert B Norman

MACTRAXX wrote:NPL: The plot thickens...a CTD Strike along with any RRD car shortage will cause major problems for not only SEPTA but the entire
Philadelphia region no matter what mode of travel that you use...MACTRAXX
So the "ghost of Michael J. Quill" and his biennial shutdown lives on?
 #1399189  by Limited-Clear

Last night the 5:05pm from Suburban to Norristown TC was a set of push pull equipment, that train came back as a Malvern train, had 2 MARC cars mixed in and a Septa Engine
 #1399206  by khecht

I'm all but certain the Comet/ALP-44 set was pressed into service on one of the Reading lines, but I believe it was the Doylestown line. Of course it might have been multiple runs.

That was a bad day to commute. I think I got home at 11 PM as things were so massively overcrowded that delays just accumulated. While it was nice to pop out of the office midday and see the players ride down Market Street, they should have done it on a weekend.
 #1399213  by Silverliner II

dcipjr wrote:
I think that West Trenton extra with the MARC coaches has been running for a while
The extra has been running for a while, but this is the first time I've seen it with MARC coaches. It always had all SEPTA Bombers before -- granted, I don't ride it every day.
It's set up: locomotive, SEPTA trailer, two MARC coaches, two more SEPTA trailers, then SEPTA cab car. It is a new consist setup.
 #1399266  by Silverliner II

scotty269 wrote:It was parked on the 0 track @ Suburban this morning around 10:30am.
And it went on a trip Norristown this afternoon just after 5pm.
danquagl wrote:I believe it's X6389 A.M. and X6390 P.M. Will they be added to the schedule or remain as extras?
It was added to the schedule a couple of weeks ago, just not included in the online versions.
 #1399305  by JeffersonLeeEng

Probably not. I'd say things get re-jiggered around after this weekend's extra late-night service for Made in America (although with the looming possibility of the oncoming TS Hermine tracking a little further inland than previously expected). Also, holiday service on Monday so fewer runs (and most likely more "manpower issues")...

If the push-pull gets run for this evening Norristown train run, I'd say that's a miracle.

(If normal service was still going on with the SLVs in full service, I think this was usually a 6-car SLV train run...)