The Atlantic City Line Thread

Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: Tadman, nick11a, ACeInTheHole, Kaback9

sixty-six

Re: The Atlantic City Line Thread

Post by sixty-six » Fri May 15, 2009 3:51 am

NJWG wrote:Maybe a dumb question from a newbee but, Why are the signals all dark even when trains pass, and what are they using some kind of GPS based cab signals?
Maybe if you posted this in the appropiate thread....

chuchubob
Posts: 6088
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:55 pm
Location: South Jersey

Re: The Atlantic City Line Thread

Post by chuchubob » Fri May 15, 2009 5:43 am

BadAddetude wrote: Bob, are those the machines they are using to pull & place new ties? How quick does the machine work? Are a lot of workers necessary to run it?
There aremany machines, and people working with them, to do all phases of the work. It is not a fast process.

radioboy
Posts: 1143
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 10:53 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: The Atlantic City Line Thread

Post by radioboy » Sat May 16, 2009 6:37 pm

jimzim66 wrote:
NJWG wrote:Maybe a dumb question from a newbee but, Why are the signals all dark even when trains pass, and what are they using some kind of GPS based cab signals?
Maybe if you posted this in the appropiate thread....
If he's asking about signals on the Atlantic City Line, why shouldn't he ask in a thread about the Atlantic City Line? If he made a new thread you can guarantee someone would say "We already have a thread about the Atlantic City Line..."
-CW

sixty-six

Re: The Atlantic City Line Thread

Post by sixty-six » Sun May 17, 2009 6:13 am

radioboy wrote:
jimzim66 wrote:
NJWG wrote:Maybe a dumb question from a newbee but, Why are the signals all dark even when trains pass, and what are they using some kind of GPS based cab signals?
Maybe if you posted this in the appropiate thread....
If he's asking about signals on the Atlantic City Line, why shouldn't he ask in a thread about the Atlantic City Line? If he made a new thread you can guarantee someone would say "We already have a thread about the Atlantic City Line..."
See this thread. Or, using advanced search on this site, search "Approach Lit Signals" (as BadAddetude correctly called them) in the NJT Rail forum and you will find plenty of pre-existing information on the subject.

radioboy
Posts: 1143
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 10:53 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: The Atlantic City Line Thread

Post by radioboy » Sun May 17, 2009 8:48 am

jimzim66 wrote:
See this thread. Or, using advanced search on this site, search "Approach Lit Signals" (as BadAddetude correctly called them) in the NJT Rail forum and you will find plenty of pre-existing information on the subject.
And if he doesn't know what they're called, how is he supposed to search for "approach lit signals" ;)?
-CW

sixty-six

Re: The Atlantic City Line Thread

Post by sixty-six » Sun May 17, 2009 12:05 pm

radioboy wrote:
jimzim66 wrote:
See this thread. Or, using advanced search on this site, search "Approach Lit Signals" (as BadAddetude correctly called them) in the NJT Rail forum and you will find plenty of pre-existing information on the subject.
And if he doesn't know what they're called, how is he supposed to search for "approach lit signals" ;)?
Look at the first post on this page of the topic. :P

sixty-six

Re: The Atlantic City Line Thread

Post by sixty-six » Sun May 17, 2009 2:25 pm

The Machine wrote:This is an atlantic city line topic.

This is the atlantic city line thread.

I don't see much of a problem here.
Thank you Mr. Moderator.

ScottTheNiceGuy
Posts: 505
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:43 pm
Location: Toms River, NJ

Re: The Atlantic City Line Thread

Post by ScottTheNiceGuy » Sun May 17, 2009 4:41 pm

So when will the PL42s show up on the ACL? :-D
-Scott

Kaback9
Posts: 4467
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:48 am

Re: The Atlantic City Line Thread

Post by Kaback9 » Sun May 17, 2009 4:53 pm

ScottTheNiceGuy wrote:So when will the PL42s show up on the ACL? :-D
When Hell freezes over. :-)
Brandon Kaback
Moderator:NJT Rail

TheTroll
Posts: 438
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:38 am
Location: The state of confusion

Re: The Atlantic City Line Thread

Post by TheTroll » Sun May 17, 2009 5:00 pm

Kaback9 wrote:
ScottTheNiceGuy wrote:So when will the PL42s show up on the ACL? :-D
When Hell freezes over. :-)
Brrrr! One has already made the trip with Mulit-levels, long before the ACES train was there. :wink:
TRADITION
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.

Kaback9
Posts: 4467
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:48 am

Re: The Atlantic City Line Thread

Post by Kaback9 » Sun May 17, 2009 5:27 pm

TheTroll wrote:
Kaback9 wrote:
ScottTheNiceGuy wrote:So when will the PL42s show up on the ACL? :-D
When Hell freezes over. :-)
Brrrr! One has already made the trip with Mulit-levels, long before the ACES train was there. :wink:
Thats very true. I think however hes talking out on a regular basis.
Brandon Kaback
Moderator:NJT Rail

Jtgshu
Posts: 11744
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:32 pm
Location: MP 39.1

Re: The Atlantic City Line Thread

Post by Jtgshu » Sun May 17, 2009 8:09 pm

The Machine wrote:
ScottTheNiceGuy wrote:So when will the PL42s show up on the ACL? :-D
Doesn't Amtrak have some sort of restriction against them?
No, they don't, maybe some kind of "unoffical," unwritten restriction, like the CNJ Geeps, but nothing offical. They have been down to Atlantic City before, just like the CNJ geeps have made it down the Coast Line every once in a while.
On the RR, "believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see"
John, aka "JTGSHU" passed away on August 26, 2013. We honor his memory and his devotion to railroading at railroad.net.

sixty-six

Re: The Atlantic City Line Thread

Post by sixty-six » Sun May 17, 2009 8:17 pm

The Machine wrote:
ScottTheNiceGuy wrote:So when will the PL42s show up on the ACL? :-D
Doesn't Amtrak have some sort of restriction against them?
90mph south of philly.

User avatar
NorEasterNick
Posts: 224
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:56 pm
Location: South Jersey

Re: The Atlantic City Line Thread

Post by NorEasterNick » Mon May 18, 2009 10:36 am

jimzim66 wrote:
The Machine wrote:
ScottTheNiceGuy wrote:So when will the PL42s show up on the ACL? :-D
Doesn't Amtrak have some sort of restriction against them?
90mph south of philly.
South of Philly does not affect NJT in the least. Now if it was Newark, thqat would be different.
"NorEaster" Nick Pittman
Chief Forecaster
SJN-TV News

For up-to-minute Weather Information you can follow my discussions at www.facebook.com/noreasternick

sixty-six

Re: The Atlantic City Line Thread

Post by sixty-six » Mon May 18, 2009 1:25 pm

NorEasterNick wrote: South of Philly does not affect NJT in the least. Now if it was Newark, thqat would be different.
Thank you, Mr. Railroad Employee. The poster asked if there were any restrictions imposed by Amtrak on the PL42AC's. That is the only Amtrak imposed restriction.

Return to “New Jersey Transit NJT Rail and Light Rail LRT”