West of Hudson Fleet Status

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, Jeff Smith, FL9AC

Graeme Salt

West of Hudson Fleet Status

Post by Graeme Salt » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:05 am

A recent UK visitor to the NYC area reports seeing very little of the WOH locomotive fleet active at Hoboken over the course of several days - specifically, only 4906 was sighted, and that didn't turn a wheel. By contrast my own visit in February 2018 yielded all of them except F40 4913 working. Are there a number of WOH locos still oos for PTC installation? Would it be possible for someone to post a fleet status update?

nomis

Re: West of Hudson Fleet Status

Post by nomis » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:49 pm

Mod Note: For better visibility, I moved this to the NJT forum.
Moderator: Metro-North (with CDOT), Photography & Video

Avatar: An overnight trip on Girard Ave. stumbles upon 6 PCC's and an LRV stuck within two blocks.

CNJGeep

Post by CNJGeep » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:01 pm

Graeme Salt wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:05 am
A recent UK visitor to the NYC area reports seeing very little of the WOH locomotive fleet active at Hoboken over the course of several days - specifically, only 4906 was sighted, and that didn't turn a wheel. By contrast my own visit in February 2018 yielded all of them except F40 4913 working. Are there a number of WOH locos still oos for PTC installation? Would it be possible for someone to post a fleet status update?
Yes. Most if not all are held from service awaiting PTC installation. As of earlier this year, the work was being held up owing to a dispute over who was responsible for the cost of the installation. I do not know if this has been resolved. I do not have a current fleet status.
"I'll keep moving through the dark, with you in my heart, my blood brother." RIP D.C.

Backshophoss

Post by Backshophoss » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:43 pm

Most of the WOH fleet is pooled with NJT's fleet,Cars and power could be anywhere on the Hoboken side. :(
The Land of Enchantment is not Flyover country!

Graeme Salt

Post by Graeme Salt » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:07 am

CNJGeep wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:01 pm
Graeme Salt wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:05 am
Yes. Most if not all are held from service awaiting PTC installation. As of earlier this year, the work was being held up owing to a dispute over who was responsible for the cost of the installation. I do not know if this has been resolved. I do not have a current fleet status.
Thanks - that explains the lack of visibility.

Return to “MTA Metro-North Railroad and CtDOT Passenger Rail”