NJT won't meet PTC Deadline

Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: Tadman, nick11a, ACeInTheHole, Kaback9

JamesRR

Re: NJT won't meet PTC Deadline

Post by JamesRR » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:10 am

Just read an article about NJT had to get creative to meet the deadline - creative as in 'they haven't completed it yet.'

I rode on one example last Saturday from New York to Trenton - a push pull train with a cab car in front of the locomotive, which apparently was not PTC-equipped yet:
IMG_9581.JPG
Apparently they are not letting people ride in this car (likely because it's unable to be opened in line with the other cars).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ThirdRail7

Re: NJT won't meet PTC Deadline

Post by ThirdRail7 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:52 am

Things are dragging on the PTC front. Testing will get pushed back, which means less time to identify bugs and provide solutions.

https://www.nj.com/traffic/2019/10/nj-t ... dmits.html

NJ Transit’s $302M safety system project is delayed 5 months, contractor admits
By Larry Higgs | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

“In September, Alstrom notified us the software exhibited anomalies, which didn’t allow complete certification for testing in revenue service,” Krull said.

That testing was scheduled to start in November and now will be pushed back to March 2020. Plans called for testing on the full Morristown line and Montclair-Boonton lines to start in November, and all other rail lines to follow with testing during the “rest of this year into next year,” Krull said.

“That’s a major shift in schedule,” he said. “The good news is it allowed us to catch it in a timely manner to come to a resolution.”

I want my road foreman!

Return to “New Jersey Transit NJT Rail and Light Rail LRT”