North Jersey Coast Line Thread

Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: Tadman, nick11a, ACeInTheHole, Kaback9

CentralValleyRail

Re: North Jersey Coast Line Thread

Post by CentralValleyRail » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:03 pm

Your Going to have 500,000 people trying to go see fireworks along the NJCL tomorrow between Long Branch, Asbury Park and PPB and yet there is no extra service. Last years 10:04 out of long branch was SRO. and then the next train was 11:32. They bay head shuttles have 2 hour gaps.

Only in NJ and within NJT is this acceptable levels of service...

TSTII

Post by TSTII » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:58 pm

Manasquan and Bradley Beach both had fireworks on the beach on the 3rd.

Based on lack of traffic and volume of walking families, I'd say 80-85% of attendance in Manasquan were local folks.

Also, the Parkway traffic was light heading north and south that night.

CentralValleyRail

Post by CentralValleyRail » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:18 am

That is INCORRECT, I ended up driving because of how pathetic the levels of service were being offered on NJT not to mention that 2 Adults RT from SEC with parking would've been $95. ($65 for the train and $30 for parking) That is great and dandy and $$ isn't really an issue for me BUTTT to then wait until almost midnight for a train home from the Asbury Park fireworks (which were much better than Long Branch's) granted the crowd at ABP is something to certainly gawk at. Yeah uh no, not gonna wait that long.

I parked for free in Allenhurst (which was nice I didn't know there was even free parking at the shore anymore) went to the beach club there, $10 awesome little spot. Then walked to ABP (15 min)

Traffic on the parkway was very slow in both directions coming and going and the 10:04pm out of Long Branch was Standing Room Only to the gills per another friend who went to LB for the fireworks... Coming back sat in about 15 miles of stop and go traffic in the express lanes (usually only the local have an issue from past experience), there was no accident just a LOT of people like I predicted.

TSTII

Post by TSTII » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:58 pm

Excuse me....you appear to be talking about Thursday July 4th.

I was talking about Wednesday July 3rd....GOT IT ?

Yankees1

Post by Yankees1 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:18 pm

Another BRUTAL Sunday on the NJCL during peak summer season, with both the shuttle and the NYP-LB service having trains cancelled left and right. Most of these trains are already SRO on Sunday, and cancelling them just makes it downright dangerous. New engineers can't get here soon enough.

Ken W2KB
Location: Lebanon Township, Hunterdon County, New Jersey & Tiverton, RI USA

Post by Ken W2KB » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:45 pm

Yankees1 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:18 pm
Another BRUTAL Sunday on the NJCL during peak summer season, with both the shuttle and the NYP-LB service having trains cancelled left and right. Most of these trains are already SRO on Sunday, and cancelling them just makes it downright dangerous. New engineers can't get here soon enough.
Travel Alerts
Jul 14, 2019 05:58:12 PM
North Jersey Coast Line rail service will continue to provide NJ Transit bus service as substitute shuttle service between Bay Head and Long Branch due to cancellations resulting from engineer availability for the remainder of the day.
Jul 14, 2019 05:58:01 PM
NJCL train #7660, the 7:31pm from South Amboy, is cancelled due to engineer availability. Customers to train #7260, the 7:40pm from South Amboy.
Jul 14, 2019 05:57:32 PM
NJCL train #4761, the 6:46pm from Long Branch, is cancelled Sun. 7/14 due to engineer availability. Customers to NJ Transit bus shuttle service.
Jul 14, 2019 05:57:17 PM
NJCL train #4756, the 5:19pm from Bay Head, is cancelled Sun. 7/14 due to engineer availability. Customers to NJ Transit bus shuttle service.
~Ken :: Fairmont ex-UP/MP C436 MT-14M1 ::
Black River Railroad Historical Trust :: [/url]

kilroy

Post by kilroy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:03 pm

Monday is no better. From nj.com.
A New Jersey Transit train struck a Long Branch police SUV Monday, causing delays on the North Jersey Coast Line, though no injures were reported, authorities said.
The crash occurred on the tracks that cross Brighton Avenue, according to a statement from Long Branch police.
https://www.nj.com/monmouth/2019/07/nj- ... -line.html
Why do we drive on parkways and park in driveways?

Return to “New Jersey Transit NJT Rail and Light Rail LRT”