Railroad Forums 

• Commuter Rail Delay Discussion

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1311658  by philipmartin

A couple of automobiles collided at a grade crossing west of Long Branch Wednesday (Jan. 7) morning, putting the Coast Line in the bag. The local signal system was affected; trains from Bay Head late, and one or more trains originating at Long Branch late too, waiting for connections from Bay Head.
http://www.nj.com/traffic/index.ssf/201 ... ls_in.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The next day was worse. Amtrak wires down early in the morning caused half hour delays and cancellations of trains out of New York, and their return trips.
http://www.nj.com/traffic/index.ssf/201 ... sed_b.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1312726  by philipmartin

PhillipMartin wrote: both of your previous threads regarding delays are here.
No, Aceinthehole. My original post referring to delays on the Coast Line and the response to it, that I PM'd you about are not here; only a reconstruction of it as you suggested. I would still like to know who removed them and why.

MODERATOR'S NOTE: Fixed the improper code use to properly show quotes.
 #1312734  by ACeInTheHole

One more time- Perhaps one of the other moderators or admins took issue with something in the post. I have created this thread with the intent that now instead of several other little threads to pore over from you and others, any delays and incidents can be focused here so as to minimize issues of that nature.
 #1317715  by philipmartin

Trains break down every day, including the occasional Amtrak train. Signals and switches malfunction, as does the overhead power system, doors don't close when they are sposed to.
When a customer asks me if the trains are on time, I say "yes, this is NJ Transit." That always gets a laugh.
 #1317837  by srock1028

Not sure where Mr. Martin was going with his above post but back to the topic on hand...Atlantic City Line service is currently suspended between Pennsauken and 30th Street due to difficulties with Conrail's bridge between Pennsylvania and New Jersey (Delair).
 #1317926  by CentralValleyRail

ACeInTheHole wrote:Oof. I like how his thread stays quiet though. Look over in the T forum and youll see the opposite end of it
Because delays happen EVERY day. We should post in here when we are not delayed :P
 #1318079  by srock1028

CentralValleyRail wrote:Because delays happen EVERY day. We should post in here when we are not delayed :P
No problem, train 2302 on-time today into Newark.
 #1318368  by philipmartin

A bad morning, 2/20/15. An Amtrak train laid down in one of the tunnels, and we were announcing 30 minute delays. Then they got the Amtrak out of there, and they were announcing 45 minute delays. Now, a few hours later, the announcements are 60 minute delays in and out of NY, on account of single tracking under the river. I suppose it's the ice patrol.
it's evening now, and the news broadcasts are saying one hour delays in and out of the city for NJT account ice patrols in the Hudson River tunnels.
Another Amtraker laid down in one of the Hudson River tunnels a few days ago, and they were going to back out two Transit trains that were behind him. I don't know if they actually did it or not.
 #1318853  by srock1028

Effective immediately and continuing until further notice, bus service is being provided on the Gladstone Branch between Gladstone and Far Hills stations and train shuttle service between Far Hills and Summit stations due to weather-related overhead wire problems. Additionally, regular Morris & Essex Lines trains will make additional stops to accommodate customers.

In unrelated news, train 2300 on-time into Newark this morning.
 #1319477  by nick11a

srock1028 wrote:Effective immediately and continuing until further notice, bus service is being provided on the Gladstone Branch between Gladstone and Far Hills stations and train shuttle service between Far Hills and Summit stations due to weather-related overhead wire problems. Additionally, regular Morris & Essex Lines trains will make additional stops to accommodate customers.

In unrelated news, train 2300 on-time into Newark this morning.
I was in Gladstone on Wednesday evening during rush hour and trains were running regularly to Gladstone.