Railroad Forums 

• Sale of Retired Locomotives

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1265140  by nick11a

Cool shot Sully and thanks for the update.
 #1268124  by glennk419

sullivan1985 wrote:Engines are gone as of Wednesday afternoon. Possibly on Conrail property waiting to be assigned to a westbound.
Information from another board had them spotted westbound on the NS Harrisburg line yesterday, train symbol unknown.
 #1281003  by nick11a

I just find it comical that they've been on their way out for nine years....
 #1282442  by philipmartin

kilroy wrote:The Reading T-1's saw service as portable steam genreators after being retired from the active roster so it'really nothing new.
The Pennsy had a steam freight engine in Sunny Side Yard producing steam for years.
When I worked in Hagerstown in 1982 there was a large tender, the kind with lots of wheels under it, used for storage. It was near the disused coaling tower, as I recall.

I posted this on the LV Raritan to Allentown thread here. It's what I saw yesterday.
"This probably has been reported elsewhere but there is a dead line on either side of Cranford station. East of the station there are sixteen MUs, many with the pantographs off. The rails and even a few insulators for pantographs are still on some cars, but with the pants gone. West of the station there are about 19 MUs and one coach, and about seven road diesels. If the diesels are for sale, I'll buy one, take it home and play engineer."
 #1340737  by philipmartin

I posted this July 2014.
philipmartin wrote:there is a dead line on either side of Cranford station. East of the station there are sixteen MUs, many with the pantographs off. The rails and even a few insulators for pantographs are still on some cars, but with the pants gone. West of the station there are about 19 MUs and one coach, and about seven road diesels.
I rode the Raritan line yesterday ( July 24, 2015) and there are sixteen MUs about where Excee tower used to be, twelve MUs west of Cranford station, and one or two cab cars and six locomotives, perhaps all F40PHs or at least one F40PH, a couple of blocks west of Garwood station.
The MUs are all 1400s except for 1506, and are all covered with graffiti.