Railroad Forums 

Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#501385  by newarknj76

I have seen seen the pl42ac train set on the RVL twice yesterday and today both at 8:30am traveling westbound at Fanwood station.

That loco is really quiet compared to the older ones, I had to take out my ear phones just to hear it and then it was still difficult to hear. (no I do not play my music so loud that my hearing is damaged, I keep it at a level that I can hear people when they talk to me, that kind of freaks people out when they make comments that they didn't think I heard)

I still have not ridden on a train push/pulled by one of these yet so I am still waiting to see how it preforms.

#501387  by nick11a

Yes, the first time you hear it, it is rather striking how quiet it is.

I'd be curious to know the reactions of the engineers on the RVL now that the new stuff is operating on the RVL.
 #501398  by purr-fect transportation

Theres no point in being a locomotive engineer if you can't run with your arm leaning out the window, on the window sill, in classic locomotive engineer pose! I'm resigning.
 #501401  by Jtgshu

purr-fect transportation wrote:Theres no point in being a locomotive engineer if you can't run with your arm leaning out the window, on the window sill, in classic locomotive engineer pose! I'm resigning.
HAHAH very true, but Ill take that seat in the '42 over a Geep seat ANY DAY!!!

Now........if they could just put that seat ON a Geep.........ohhhh thatd be niiiiiiiiiiice
 #501403  by blockline4180

purr-fect transportation wrote:Theres no point in being a locomotive engineer if you can't run with your arm leaning out the window, on the window sill, in classic locomotive engineer pose! I'm resigning.
Now, now! This is just one train that has the new equipment correct?? You still got like 7 or 8 other sets that use geeps or F40's... Unless of course NJT replaces all the geeps with PL's over there!! :P

#501500  by M1 9147

Nice shot indeed!!!!

#501738  by NJTMatt

Haha, still have not cleaned the oil of the top.......

#505647  by Hebrewman9

Saw an RVL train outside Newark bound for High Bridge this afternoon

#505703  by ScottTheNiceGuy

Hebrewman9 wrote:Saw an RVL train outside Newark bound for High Bridge this afternoon
Really? You don't say! :P

#505753  by Hebrewman9

ScottTheNiceGuy wrote:
Hebrewman9 wrote:Saw an RVL train outside Newark bound for High Bridge this afternoon
Really? You don't say! :P
I wasn't sure if the PL-42's had reached High Bridge yet. That's why I posted that.

But nevertheless I acknowledge my mistake- that was the exact set I saw I believe.

NOTE: I also acknowledge my mistake of posting four duplicate posts. I'm sure that is some sort of record, one I'm not proud of.
Last edited by Hebrewman9 on Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#505759  by blockline4180

How bout Take 5??... Easy, easy there TEX! :-D :wink: