Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1054996  by deadbug

Not sure where Mr Dutch gets his info from,but the brokevilles have been using the same oil in the compressors since day 1.They have multiple issues,not just compressors.
 #1055152  by TCurtin

Steamboat Willie wrote:On the weekends, there are 3 maxi bombs laid up in the yard. Til further notice, all branches on weekends use maxi bomb sets. If they use the mini's with the Brookville's, mechanical has to ride along. They're changing engines like underwear lately on the mini's.

The inspection train ran on 6/12 up to Danbury, I imagine they wanted to use one of the maxi bomb sets as not to break down while the inspection train was buzzing around.
AHA!! That answers it!! 6/12 was the date of my sighting
 #1055176  by Clean Cab

DutchRailnut wrote:
kitn1mcc wrote:why would any mechanic put Motor oil in a compressor thats just plain stupidity
Why would compressors that ran good since delivered, all of a sudden overheat and self destruct in 2012, while we have a relativly cold summer so far ??
these are relativly standard Wabco compressors ?

Oh my God!! They must have been "Harmonized!!!"
 #1055226  by Train2009

Steamboat Willie wrote:On the weekends, there are 3 maxi bombs laid up in the yard. Til further notice, all branches on weekends use maxi bomb sets. If they use the mini's with the Brookville's, mechanical has to ride along. They're changing engines like underwear lately on the mini's.

The inspection train ran on 6/12 up to Danbury, I imagine they wanted to use one of the maxi bomb sets as not to break down while the inspection train was buzzing around.
This past Weekend the Mini-Bomb was in used.