Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1037608  by Jeff Smith

http://www.midhudsonnews.com/News/2012/ ... 3Apr12.htm
Metro-North records its best first quarter

MID-HUDSON – The Metro-North Railroad has recorded its best on-time performance for a first quarter during the first three months of the year, system-wide at 98.8 percent. The railroad credits a continual focus on providing the best service possible and a mild winter as reasons.

On the New Haven Line, increasing the number of M-8 rail cars in service is also credited for the increases performance.

Metro-North also had four 100 percent days so far this year on its East of Hudson service. During the first three months of the year, the railroad had only one day – January 19 – when on-time performance fell below 95 percent, and 59 days out of 91 when it was a 99 percent or above.
 #1038093  by CComMack

Not to take anything away from the railroaders of Metro North, who have earned the praise, but I'm sure that it helped that there was virtually no snow or other harsh winter weather to deal with this year.
 #1038301  by morris&essex4ever

Not to take away from Metro North's impressive performance, but what is considered "on time"? I know for NJ Transit a train's considered "on time" if it reaches its destination no more than 5 minutes and 59 seconds of the time listed in the schedule.
 #1038349  by runningwithscalpels

morris&essex4ever wrote:Not to take away from Metro North's impressive performance, but what is considered "on time"? I know for NJ Transit a train's considered "on time" if it reaches its destination no more than 5 minutes and 59 seconds of the time listed in the schedule.
I'm fairly sure that's Metro North's criteria too.
 #1038381  by truck6018

runningwithscalpels wrote:
morris&essex4ever wrote:Not to take away from Metro North's impressive performance, but what is considered "on time"? I know for NJ Transit a train's considered "on time" if it reaches its destination no more than 5 minutes and 59 seconds of the time listed in the schedule.
I'm fairly sure that's Metro North's criteria too.
It is. The train has to reach its final destination within 5 min 59 sec of its scheduled arrival time to be considered on time.
 #1038977  by Clean Cab

DutchRailnut wrote:again Metro North did not change it, APTA did.
and they set the industry standard.

That maybe so, but that doesn't answer my question.