WOH inspection train?

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, Jeff Smith, FL9AC

DutchRailnut

Re: WOH inspection train?

Post by DutchRailnut » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:39 pm

only if NS has got high and wide cargo. If non is present or other way for high and wide to travel the route, the High platforms would not be obstruction.
If Conductors are in charge, why are they promoted to be Engineer???

Retired Triebfahrzeugführer. I am not a moderator.

Jtgshu

Post by Jtgshu » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:11 am

Gauntlet tracks could also be installed to solve the high and wide problem with high level platforms. Thats whats on the Lehigh Line through NJ in Union and Roselle Park, the route NJT Raritan Valley Line trains take.
On the RR, "believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see"
John, aka "JTGSHU" passed away on August 26, 2013. We honor his memory and his devotion to railroading at railroad.net.

SecaucusJunction

Post by SecaucusJunction » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:19 pm

Unless NS is REALLY planning on using the Southern Tier as a major route, I think that hinged platforms should work just fine on the off chance that they need to use it for a high and wide. NJT already has them down their line.
I think it may be possible that NJ Transit might not be the perfect, infallible organization that most people assume it is.

Return to “MTA Metro-North Railroad and CtDOT Passenger Rail”