Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#932725  by RWERN

The real catch of the simulator from what I can see is that it doesn't seem to take the realities of trackage into account. It seems the speed of the trains between stations is constant, implying that the simulation is based solely on the timetables, where the constant speed is the quotient of the distance between stations and the time between stops.
 #933200  by metrony

Is this something new the owner did? There was always an LIRR one and I figure why nothing for Metro-North, well now there is one. :-D
 #933273  by hamiltonnj

Hi guys, I am the owner of the website and indeed I made this latest simulation of Metro North over the last weekend. For those who want to know exact date for schedule data, I used Monday May 16, 2011. Thanks for posting the link!

Yuriy
 #933490  by theozno

for the hell of it, It would be cool to see Amtrak trains in MNRR territory. I would love to see 66/67 one of the only trains simulated on the line at 2-4am...
 #933510  by hamiltonnj

Amtrak7 wrote:What is the next railroad you're working on? MARC? VRE? Metrolink (CA)?
I am done with simulations for now. The Metro North was the last big one missing, and I wanted to add this for a while, just did not have time. I do simulations mostly for fun (even though they generate some money from ads displayed next to them, it's not much). I'd love to do a simulation of the New York Subway though. However preparing a good map with all routes (I make all maps myself to make sure there's no copyrights issues) is a big task and I have more pressing issues now with updating my mobile applications.

Yuriy
 #934391  by jamesinclair

hamiltonnj wrote:
Amtrak7 wrote:What is the next railroad you're working on? MARC? VRE? Metrolink (CA)?
I am done with simulations for now. The Metro North was the last big one missing, and I wanted to add this for a while, just did not have time. I do simulations mostly for fun (even though they generate some money from ads displayed next to them, it's not much). I'd love to do a simulation of the New York Subway though. However preparing a good map with all routes (I make all maps myself to make sure there's no copyrights issues) is a big task and I have more pressing issues now with updating my mobile applications.

Yuriy
Thanks for the effort. I clicked an ad to make sure a good penny is sent your way.