Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#17514  by Otto Vondrak

I have seen the M-7's in regular evening local service on the Hudson Line, on Train 771 just before the D&H freight rolls north... caught him twice at Ardsley-on-Hudson station. I've seen ACMU's bumped to other electric runs as a result...

-otto-

#17566  by mncommuter

I assume the first set of 6 M-7s is still on train 718?
(7:12 am from Tarrytown local to Hastings, then express to NY arriving 7:55 am)

Why would they bump ACMUs to other runs, I wonder? I thought the point was to remove them from service!

#17574  by DutchRailnut

They will, but it gives them more time to fix M1's and M3's for a few weeks.

#20543  by mncommuter

Yesterday as I got off train 879 at Croton-Harmon at 8:01 pm, there was a 6-car M-7 consist across the platform, which soon afterword proceeded to the yard.

It may have been train 777, the 6:53 pm train from GCT which arrives at Croton-Harmon at 7:58 pm, but I'm not sure.

#20545  by DutchRailnut

as of last monday 3 trainsets of 6 cars are in service on MNCR.
sorry but don't know the train numbers, they are still staying on Hudson Line however.

#30237  by mncommuter

I can confirm from personal experience that train 722 (7:19am from Croton-Harmon) and train 755 (5:17pm from GCT) are now running M7s.