Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1387893  by doepack

According to the current schedule, it's the last shuttle run of the night leaving Southeast at 1:44am, but only goes as far as Dover Plains. Why isn't this run extended all the way to Wassaic, which is just five more miles north?
 #1387898  by Steamboat Willie

To my knowledge, when service was extended to Wassaic, part of the agreement was the last train would terminate at Dover. I can tell you from personal experience that there is the occasional occurrence where 995/9995 would operate to Wassaic for an equipment swap up north (we would highball from Dover to Wassaic after our passenger work was done.) We would bring down a maxi from Wassaic to Put Jct as 2902 so it could be inspected/fueled. That was usually happening on Sundays, however I am unsure what the routine is now.
 #1387963  by doepack

Via the link provided (thanks naugatroll), I found the answer to my question amid a little whining here, some bickering there, and even a couple of doses of topic drift. I actually found it somewhat entertaining for a while.

But eventually, the discussion got to be just a little TOO lively, IMO. Thanks again...