Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1322248  by TDowling

Does anyone have pictures of the original otisville depot and when was it demolished?
 #1323778  by Roadgeek Adam

Here is a picture of the old depot in downtown Otisville.

The tracks were realigned out of downtown Otisville in 1954, so I assume the depot came down around then, but there are others on the site who know better than I do.
 #1366476  by TDowling

Can someone find a picture of Otisville depot in the 80s. I've tried looking but to no avail.
 #1367007  by cjvrr

The station in the 1980s was similar size to the one that is present today. At least from 1985 or so was very similar to a bus shelter. Brown aluminum and plexiglass. It was heated. Spent a few days there waiting to photograph trains. Probably comfortably fit 10 people with aluminum benches.

The current shelter looks to be of more modern style, but identical size from a quick image search.
 #1371693  by TDowling

I remember seeing a pic of Otisville station in the 1970s. Can someone post one or point me to one?