Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1118332  by DutchRailnut

A fantasy set of never existing equipment.
SLE never had F-3's and never had B units.
SLE had heavily modified F-7's and GP38 in beginning.
 #1118591  by DutchRailnut

The MNCR F-10's at one point were GM&O F-3's at least
 #1118850  by Tadman

If those didn't have nine lives, what did...

GM&O>ICG>Rebuild>>MBTA>Cape Cod>MNCR>Adirondack Scenic, Idaho Northern, other
 #1119081  by Clean Cab

The set looks nice, but it is a fantasy set like so many others are. The "B" unit is totally ridiculous. Funny how they get the paint and lettering scheme right, but they put them on units that were never used. All that said, I'd buy the set anyway.
 #1119137  by DutchRailnut

These are NOT new haven but SLE units were talking about..
 #1119143  by NH2060

Yes yes the B unit is fantasy and all, but c'mon it's being made by the same people who've brought us NJ Transit GO Transit style bilevels and now NYC E33 electrics :-P
 #1119432  by Tadman

Fantasy?

Ridiculous?

Fellas, these are TOYS. They may be expensive fine scale models, but at the end of the day, they are toys. If MTH can sell a bunch of quasi-correct $400 toy trains, who cares? If they don't fit the accuracy criteria for your collection, just don't buy 'em. Nobody is holding a gun to your head, demanding you have a 100% authentic NHRR toy train in your collection.

Besides, if you really want to have a cow, check out these Tyco GG1's on tri-mount trucks lettered for NH and others... (I'm still not getting worked up over it though)

#1119559  by DutchRailnut

appreciate yes, but i would not spend $600 on a real FL-9...
 #1119745  by Clean Cab

DutchRailnut wrote:appreciate yes, but i would not spend $600 on a real FL-9...

I would!!! :)
 #1119818  by fl92027

I would too! That's why I'm trying to get Overland to do another run of the New Haven CDOT FL9's.
They did a run of them back in 2005 a total of 45 CDOT FL9's were made.
They did a run of 20 chrome crankshaft rebuilds road numbers 2006/2023 and 25 Electro Motive rebuilds road numbers 2024/2026.
I would like to see if Overland would do a rerun of CDOT'S FL9's but in different road numbers like 2027/2016/2014/2011
I think if I can get enough models reserved, like 15 or 20 I think Overland might consider it.So if there's anyone how would want to reserve a CDOT FL9 please let me know.