Railroad Forums 

• MBTA Subway/Commuter Rail Models

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1139374  by MACTRAXX

jwhite07 wrote:NICE.
I'll second that...These MBTA Commuter Rail models look good...

MACTRAXX
 #1139375  by BostonUrbEx

WOW. I'm stunned. Very nice work! :)

How was this posted on Jan 22, but I never saw it until today? I read all new posts in the MBTA forum once a day? Also, does Sery mean something? Or is this moderator Sery on a second account?
 #1139388  by B&M 1227

Very nice work!

Also, SERy stands for Seashore Electric Railway, as in the Kennebunkport/Arundel trolley museum
 #1140645  by CRail

Sidenote: SERy = Seashore Electric Railway
 #1140943  by ns3010

That is some absolutely amazing modeling there! You have some serious skill! Keep up the awesome work!

BostonUrbEx wrote:How was this posted on Jan 22, but I never saw it until today? I read all new posts in the MBTA forum once a day? Also, does Sery mean something? Or is this moderator Sery on a second account?
New users go through a "probation" period. The first few posts (5, perhaps?) must be approved by a moderator before they are made public. It's done to prevent spam.
 #1141303  by jonnhrr

Attached is a picture of the all electric PCC # 3197 which is nearly complete - still needs truck work.

Jon
 #1141487  by 3rdrail

Nice job ! You nailed the colors exactly. I painted a car with a small amount of real discarded T "tangerine" once. It's identical to your version. The creme is probably the hardest match and you got that down as well. :-)
 #1141744  by MBTA1016

Sery5978 you've been hiding those from us to long. :) Great job on the locos and the switchers.
 #1142182  by jonnhrr

3rdrail wrote:Nice job ! You nailed the colors exactly. I painted a car with a small amount of real discarded T "tangerine" once. It's identical to your version. The creme is probably the hardest match and you got that down as well. :-)
It was just some random orange paint I found at Home Depot that turned out to be just the right color. Sometimes you get lucky :)
 #1142520  by MBTA1016

jonnhrr wrote:
3rdrail wrote:Nice job ! You nailed the colors exactly. I painted a car with a small amount of real discarded T "tangerine" once. It's identical to your version. The creme is probably the hardest match and you got that down as well. :-)
It was just some random orange paint I found at Home Depot that turned out to be just the right color. Sometimes you get lucky :)
That I do believe, nice job with the paint on it as well.
 #1142943  by StevieC48

Looks like WAP's equipment but he has a low SERy # so I doubt there his.