Railroad Forums 

• Reasonable southside hotel along rail or subway/trolley

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1501764  by troffey

The restaurant has also been closed for the last few years unfortunately. The town has discussed re-development, possibly as a transit-oriented residential development. Some more information can be found in the article linked below

https://www.patriotledger.com/news/2018 ... d-for-good" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1501788  by Head-end View

Troffey, thanks for the info and link to the article about the Motel 6. I had not known about all the crime and drug problems which I don't think existed there years ago when the restaurant was still open. My bet is the Town will go with the mixed-used development to gain tax revenue, though my preference would be for an additional MBTA parking deck. You can't find a space in the existing parking facility after 9AM. Luckily there are still available spaces at Quincy-Adams Station.
 #1501898  by troffey

The hotel definitely seemed to be on a downward track in recent years.

Parking has been tougher since Quincy Center closed as I understand it. Garage rehabilitation has begun, and the T has recently added parking on town property alongside the dump as remediation for spots lost during the ongoing work in the garage. I believe the plan is to keep these spots available after the project is over, but I can't find any evidence to support my recollection.

Relatedly, I recall the T investigating at one point adding additional levels to the existing garage, and engineers finding that the structure was not cable of supporting vertical expansion. I can't find any evidence to support my recollection on that account either but I'm fairly sure I'm correct.
 #1502369  by hs3730

There's a Best Western along the B, address is 1650 Commonwealth Ave.
The Marriott Newton is within walking distance of the Auburndale stop on the Worcester/Framingham line.
I used to stay at an Extended Stay America in Braintree and take the Rt 238 bus to Quincy Adams or Quincy Center (I think some trips skip Quincy Adams).