Railroad Forums 

• My future MBTA subway map

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1478860  by Charliemta

ceo wrote:Someone in Arlington looked at the T map, realized the other end of the Red Line went to places where black people live and it was all over right there.
Exactly.
 #1478892  by CRail

I've always found it strange how sugarcoated that gets, and no one seems to take issue with it.
 #1478918  by RenegadeMonster

Yeah, that is strange. I would have expected to hear more about it and hear outrage.

Yet I have never heard that until now. I have always thought the want for the bike path was the reason it stopped.
 #1478982  by CRail

The bike path exists to preserve the right of way. It is MBTA owned land.
 #1479024  by Paul1705

Regarding the 1970s plan: how much was supposed to be in a tunnel? Also, I'm guessing that the other portions would have been in an open cut rather than on an embankment.
 #1479112  by BandA

Based on what they did in Somerville, I think we can assume that Red Line to Arlington would have been subway or depressed open cut. West of Arlington center I suppose it could have been on the surface in some areas.