Railroad Forums 

• A few old MBTA photos

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1386672  by Literalman

I've posted a few more MBTA photos from 1975 to 1980 on my website at http://www.stevedunham.50megs.com/photos/MBTA.html

Back then I didn't think to write dates on my slides, so if anybody has more detailed information, such as when the SPV 2000 demonstrator tested on the T, I'll be happy to update the page. There's an email link on my site.
 #1386711  by edbear

I'm pretty sure the SPV-2000 was around late Spring-Early Summer 1978.
 #1386793  by The EGE

The Needham Line was closed from October 13, 1979 to October 19, 1987 during Southwest Corridor construction, so I suspect your Bussey Bridge shot is the winter of 1978-79.

Service to Fitchburg was cut in 1965, and didn't resume until January 13, 1980.

You took the Canton Junction photo on June 10, 1978. A cropped version of it was used on a postcard.
 #1386826  by Literalman

Thanks for the details. I'll update my website.

EGE, I got an email asking about adding my photos to Wikipedia or Wikimedia, and the answer is yes. But the message came from [email protected], and I wasn't sure that was the right place to reply, and I don't see any private messages for me on railroad.net. Do you just want to send me an email from the link on my website? And by the way, that D&H PA was going to Framingham.
 #1386853  by The EGE

Steve: RR.net uses an odd system with emails. You should be able to hit 'reply' and the to address will be my email rather than the site address.
 #1386871  by MBTA3247

The photo captioned "PCC cars on Commonwealth Ave., 1976" is of an outbound train at the Chestnut Hill Ave station.