Foxboro Commuter Rail Extension

Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: CRail, sery2831

mirage

Re: Foxboro Commuter Rail Extension

Post by mirage » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:16 pm

ssresident wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:07 am
mirage wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:41 pm
They will see that Walpole parking utilization is down and say hey, it worked, people left Walpole go to Foxboro! And they will eventually see that the Norwood Central lot is full and say, great new riders due to increase service! When all of this is just people diverting from Walpole to Norwood Central due to decreased rush hour service from Walpole.
I don't know how much detail the MBTA will see, but you do enter your plate number into the Pay by Phone parking app. I would guess that they could look at a plate's history to see if it had been in Walpole for some period of time and then switch to NC when the service to W was decreased.
I had not thought of that, it is a good idea. I wonder how much access MBTA has to pay by phone app data. It would be interesting to see that data for a number of reasons.

MBTA3247

Post by MBTA3247 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:10 pm

They would need to have access to license plate numbers so their "meter maids" can verify that everyone in the lot has paid. How long they have access to/retain those records, though, I have no idea.
"The destination of this train is [BEEP BEEP]" -announcement on an Ashmont train.

charding

Post by charding » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:15 am

...what is the latest on Foxboro ops...like load factors..

Commuterrail1050

Post by Commuterrail1050 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:19 am

Not really utilized much if at all for now. Maybe a few people board there at the most.

Return to “Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)”