Railroad Forums 

• Interesting Consist Discussion for the South Side

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1433552  by BandA

Mbtagp40mc wrote:I'm on the MassDOT consist right now. Its the 4:47 Needham Heights train out of South Station. What a shame it's all MBB cars. I hate these things. So uncomfortable.
Cheap foam cushioning breaks down after 10-15 years even when lightly used. I'm assuming that's what happened because the MBBs were very comfortable when new.
 #1433859  by cbrett

Is #1120 owned by MassDoT too? It had a MassDot Logo on the side of it when it stopped at West Natick headed towards Worcester at around 3:10 today. Is this on all the engines and I'm just really obvlivious, or is this something else?
 #1436274  by F-line to Dudley via Park

Not consist related, but can't think of where else to put it. . .

Users of Kingston station may have noticed the very large collection of retired T-logoed NABI CNG buses that have been piling up in the lot the last couple weeks. Now 30-strong and increasing by couple buses per day as more fresh retirees get yanked from revenue service and sent down Route 3 for storage. Those are awaiting their maker on a huge 300-bus scrap contract currently 125+ buses into its meal. The scrappers are working Southampton, Cabot, and Arborway yards right now at a rate of a dozen buses per week, with 120 retired buses left to go in the intra-city yards. After those dead lines are cleared out the scrappers will be descending on a filled-up Kingston and start putting on a daily demolition show in full view of the platform for commuters' entertainment. Should be some good photo ops of the action this September-ish when the heavy equipment decamps to Kingston.
 #1438159  by CSRR573

Dont know where else to put this really, buy today I just noticed that the old spur just after the Holbrook/Randolph station has a huge boiler or pump or something on a center depressed flat car. Its quite a good size piece too. Always figured that spur has been spike off for like 10 years now
 #1445316  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

sonicdoommario wrote:Was at the Attleboro station today and saw an outbound train with 5 double decker cars zip through on track 1, ahead of the 1:05PM outbound train. Might've had control car 1721. Is this a test/rescue train or something?
Been a busy summer, but what you probably saw was a set returning from dropping off an engine at Davisville, RI